Author Topic: NaNoWriMo Projects?  (Read 3035 times)

Umbrageofsnow

• Hipparch
  • Commenting by the seat of my pants.
on: November 08, 2011, 08:23:10 AM
I was wondering who else is doing National Novel Writing Month and what you are doing.  Let's all be writing buddies!

I am technically a rebel, as I'm writing a collection of mixed short stories, rather than a novel, but I'm still aiming for the word count (actually quite a bit higher, although I'm not on track for that anymore).  I was originally planning for all Science Fiction, but currently I've got one horror story, one pure Literary Fiction story, and two non-SF humor pieces, one of which involves Harlan EllisonTM.  So that is the closest to actual science fiction I've gotten thus far, but none of the stories are quite done yet, and I have at least 12 I haven't come up with yet.  Hopefully I'll have a whole mess of short stories that need a lot of revision, come December.  What are you guys doing?

I know I've been absent from the site a lot this year, it's been an exceptionally rough year for me, and just as I was getting into writing Crits for the Crit group, I kind of dropped off.  I'm pretty sure I owe Scattercat a critique or two, and have no fear, come December, I'll be critting the $#!+ out of some stuff in there, and I'll probably finally have some stuff of my own I feel comfortable putting out there.

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
    • Burning Zeppelin Experience
Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 02:37:11 PM
I am finally writing Rat & Starling, a fantasy epic idea of mine that my wife really likes. So far, I'm only a little behind. I still haven't gotten past the point I got to last time I tried to write this, which means I'm still using my last draft as an outline.

Captain of the Burning Zeppelin Experience.

Help my kids get the educational supplies they need at my Donor's Choose page.

Grapholalia

• Extern
Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 03:33:59 PM
This year is my second NaNoWriMo, motivated by the Scrivener for Windows sale. I started with what I thought was a pretty straightforward light SF heist story, but it's (d)evolving into a sort of action romance. Not what I had in mind. I'm looking at a hefty rewrite, or a lot of new scenes, to get this train back on the right track, or at least a parallel one.

I've passed the 25% mark, and I'm about 5K words down. The real goal this year was to get writing again; I've really let it slide in 2011.