Author Topic: The Stories!  (Read 10672 times)

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
on: September 21, 2011, 04:12:15 PM
Just thought I'd throw up a thread for the stories in general (creating almost 40 threads for the individual stories feels a bit overkill). I'd love to hear which stories you enjoyed, which narrations made you laugh, and all the other good stuff we normally talk about in episode threads :)

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 04:18:08 PM
I'm gonna go first. I'll preface it by saying I loved all the readings (not that I'm biased or anything  :P) but a few in particularly I wanted to single out:

Al's "A for Arthur," which in the original file he sent in, you could hear him tearing up. He really put everything he had into that one.

Ann's reading of "Y is for Yellow" - I knew she could give that one an awesome reading, but holy crap I geeked out listening to her recite the oath, and sounding so incredibly badass.

Finally, Wilson's reading of "G is for Gift" just sounded so good, we had to close the whole collection with it.

raetsel

• Peltast
    • MCL & Me
Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 10:31:50 AM
This collection is like a box of hand made chocolates and in that vein I promised myself I would just try one or two first and savour them, but as usual they proved irresistible and I gorged myself on them all in one go.

It's a great collection and it's tough to choose but the highlights for me were:

A is for Arthur : such beautiful melancholy and set the bar so high for the following stories.
G is for Graven : delightfully wicked twist on "be careful what you wish for"
N is for Nevermore, Nevermore Land : a cold dose of reality drowns fantasy
P is for Parade : Just so surreal

The readings and audio production were fantastic and they added so much to these stories. Kudos to all concerned.

Thanks to the rewind button this is one box of chocolates with never ending layers and I've revisited several stories several times.

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 10:06:47 PM
Well, I've done it.  I've listened to all of the Alphabet Quartet stories, and I had to say "thank you!!!!!"

What a delightfully demented collection from some delightfully demented authors and narrators.

I'm so happy I found this little corner of the internets.

;D

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 05:09:30 AM
D is for DeGustibus was sooo cool! I made sure to share it with a good friend of mine. I loved how quickly is accelerated once he started noticing changes.
A is for Arthur was beautiful.
That's just off the top of my head. I listened to these about two weeks ago (finally).
I feel like there should be more discussion for these stories. This area is too quiet. Under-appreciated, ignored! Dave did an EXCELLENT job of bringing these to us.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?