The Lounge at the End of the Universe > Gallimaufry

Sunday cooking

(1/15) > >>

danooli:
Does anyone else like to cook on Sundays?

Today I made Carrot Ginger soup with carrots and butternut squash I grew in the garden.  Then I made Bacon Chocolate & Cinnamon Chip cookies.  I just took those out of the oven, but haven't tried them yet.  I've wanted to try bacon chocolate chip cookies for a while now, and today's the day  ;D

What did YOU cook today?

eytanz:
Oh, I do love to cook on Sundays (and Saturdays. And most other days, though if I'm at work late I sometimes get takeaway). But I do try to make big meals on weekends. Didn't really cook much today, but yesterday I made a lamb lasagne, and on Friday I made a carrot/sweet potato/butternut squash soup which we've not quite finished yet. I wish I had a garden, though...

How were the cookies? If they were as good as they sound, I'd love the recipe...

danooli:
The cookies were pretty good! 

here you go

Bacon, chocolate chip and cinnamon chip cookies

2 ¼ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
¾ cup white sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup cinnamon chips
10 strips bacon, cooked and chopped into small pieces

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, both sugars and vanilla in a large bowl. add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and bacon pieces.
Spoon dough (about a Tbsp per cookie) onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 375 F for 9-11 minutes remove from oven and cool 5 minutes.  Transfer to wire rack to cool.

Talia:
I actually rarely cook and subsist mainly on sammiches and frozen meals. Yes, it's pathetic. That's OK.

But tonight I had this $2 bag of baby potatoes from Trader Joe's I had to get through before they went bad. So I'm roasting 'em up with some Olive oil, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper and lemon juice (? I have no idea if that last will bake off in the oven or what, I don't cook much as I said, just experimenting) and have hopes they will make for tasty eats during the Walking Dead premiere.

I can say that the condo smells awesome right now though. Yum.

kibitzer:
I enjoy cooking but during the week it's usually the old standbys. When we entertain it's usually me that cooks and that's quite fun! (Apart from the stress of wondering whether everything will turn out!)

Actually we had some friends over recently and I made a Moroccan Lamb Stew which I found disappointing -- not half as flavourful as I expected. I think I used too much meat and should have cooked it the day before.

Bacon Choc-chip cookies? Sounds awesome!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version