Escape Artists
September 21, 2017, 05:36:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunday cooking  (Read 11633 times)
danooli

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2013, 01:11:47 PM »

I made some home made butter this morning so now I'm about to make some biscuits with the buttermilk.

We've also got a pizza dough rising Smiley

I love when the weather turns cool.  It makes me want to heat up the oven!
DKT
Friendly Neighborhood
Hipparch

PodCastle is my Co-Pilot

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2013, 09:35:55 AM »

Homemade pizza is the best. Mmmmmmmmm.

danooli

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2013, 07:40:52 AM »

baking cookies today...and a cake.

maybe some fudge too.
Fenrix
Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
Editor

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2013, 09:59:45 AM »

I made lemon curd last Sunday. Last night was cowboy beans and cornbread. I think tonight is soup.

I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
lowky
Hipparch

from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2013, 11:40:27 AM »

KD with cut up hot dogs comfort food at its best

Varda
Rebound
Hipparch

Definitely not an android.

« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2013, 12:05:00 PM »

We made acorn squash stuffed with quinoa and sausage last night. Today I'm going to make a nice chicken tikka masala, and maybe get going on Christmas baking. Cheesy

Medical Microfiction: Stories About Science
http://rckjones.wordpress.com
evrgrn_monster
Lochage

SQUAW, MY OPINIONS.

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2013, 08:21:45 PM »

Taking a break from cooking today, because yesterday, I made a roast duck with a spiced pomegranate sauce and some spiced mashed potatoes.

Don't have a recipe for the potatoes, since that's one of those things I have just made so often that I have no idea what the measurements are anymore, but here's the duck.

http://www.mygourmetconnection.com/recipes/main-courses/poultry/roast-duck-spiced-pomegranate-sauce.php

It was amazing, btw. No tweaking this recipe at all, it's perfect.

evrgrn_monster
Lochage

SQUAW, MY OPINIONS.

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2013, 08:22:05 PM »

We made acorn squash stuffed with quinoa and sausage last night. Today I'm going to make a nice chicken tikka masala, and maybe get going on Christmas baking. Cheesy

Everything about that sounds so good.

Varda
Rebound
Hipparch

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2013, 08:42:27 AM »

Taking a break from cooking today, because yesterday, I made a roast duck with a spiced pomegranate sauce and some spiced mashed potatoes.

Don't have a recipe for the potatoes, since that's one of those things I have just made so often that I have no idea what the measurements are anymore, but here's the duck.

http://www.mygourmetconnection.com/recipes/main-courses/poultry/roast-duck-spiced-pomegranate-sauce.php

It was amazing, btw. No tweaking this recipe at all, it's perfect.

Um. You might have just given me part of my Christmas Eve menu. Oddly enough, I've been looking for a good pomegranate sauce recipe this week! Thanks. Cheesy

danooli

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2013, 08:55:56 AM »

Yummy!
Fenrix
Editor

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2013, 09:07:13 AM »

I'm a big fan of pomegranate syrup that you can get from middle eastern grocery stores. It's basically concentrated pomegranate juice, so it saves a lot of boiling and stirring time. Also mix 1-1 with simple syrup and you have the best grenadine ever.

evrgrn_monster
Lochage

SQUAW, MY OPINIONS.

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2013, 07:45:39 PM »

Simmering a pomegranate sauce for thirty minutes makes your house smell like amazing for like two days. Added bonus.

Varda
Rebound
Hipparch

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2013, 08:21:04 PM »

I'm a big fan of pomegranate syrup that you can get from middle eastern grocery stores. It's basically concentrated pomegranate juice, so it saves a lot of boiling and stirring time. Also mix 1-1 with simple syrup and you have the best grenadine ever.

Wait, where do you find it in Atlanta? I went looking for some once, but the only ME grocery store in Athens didn't stock any (and was ALSO extremely sketchy, which means last time I went there, a random creepy man followed me all the way to my car screaming at me for reasons only known to him).

Simmering a pomegranate sauce for thirty minutes makes your house smell like amazing for like two days. Added bonus.

It'll be dueling with the mulled wine to set the tone for the evening! Cheesy

What are you guys cooking for the holidays, if you celebrate?

Fenrix
Editor

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2013, 10:16:54 PM »

Wait, where do you find it in Atlanta? I went looking for some once, but the only ME grocery store in Athens didn't stock any (and was ALSO extremely sketchy, which means last time I went there, a random creepy man followed me all the way to my car screaming at me for reasons only known to him).

I can point to at least three non-sketch ME grocery stores within a 20 minute drive of my house. You could have nice things if you lived in a civilized portion of the state.

Two of the three also serve amazing food, and the third is immediately next door to the restaurant. Next time you escape from Mos Eisley, we'll have to visit one.

Varda
Rebound
Hipparch

« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2013, 12:08:25 PM »

I can point to at least three non-sketch ME grocery stores within a 20 minute drive of my house. You could have nice things if you lived in a civilized portion of the state.

Two of the three also serve amazing food, and the third is immediately next door to the restaurant. Next time you escape from Mos Eisley, we'll have to visit one.

Dude. Stop hogging all the ME grocery stores! I'll trade you our football team. I hear you don't have that kind of thing up in ATL.

But barring that, yeah, we could probably be lured from Mos Eisley for pomegranate syrup sometime. :p

Fenrix
Editor

« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2013, 01:25:33 PM »

Dude. Stop hogging all the ME grocery stores! I'll trade you our football team. I hear you don't have that kind of thing up in ATL.

Well, I'll ask him, but I don't think he'll be very keen. Uh, he's already got one, you see?

CryptoMe
Hipparch

« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2014, 10:58:24 PM »

December is chocolate making month. Made 2500 pieces this year (truffles, fudge centres, mints, nut clusters, etc.)  Still handing out boxes to friends and family.
Devoted135
Hipparch

« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2014, 12:55:33 PM »

December is chocolate making month. Made 2500 pieces this year (truffles, fudge centres, mints, nut clusters, etc.)  Still handing out boxes to friends and family.

So, where's the sign up list? Cheesy
CryptoMe
Hipparch

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2014, 01:34:26 AM »

LOL! My distribution list is over 70 people at the moment, plus about 8 larger assortments going to holiday gatherings I attend. I just can't handle any more people on the list! Wink
lowky
Hipparch

from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2014, 07:51:56 AM »

LOL! My distribution list is over 70 people at the moment, plus about 8 larger assortments going to holiday gatherings I attend. I just can't handle any more people on the list! Wink

But if you follow the 12 days of Christmas, Christmas isn't over until the 6th of  January, look at all that extra time you have to get it done j/k

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: