Author Topic: Feed Problems?  (Read 5943 times)

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
on: October 24, 2011, 11:13:45 PM
I noticed that I didn't get the most recent Flash story, so I checked, and my podcatcher (Juice) can't find any episodes at all.

Has the feed address changed?  I have: http://feeds.escapeartists.net/PodCastle_Main

Anyone else having any issues?

ETA:
I checked some of my other feeds and they're having no trouble. The only ones not coming through are Podcastle and Escape Pod (not being a Pseudopod subscriber, I don't know if it's having trouble or not...)

Further:
I didn't have any trouble downloading the latest Podcastle Miniature directly from the main site.

If there's any other information I can provide, let me know.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:19:15 PM by Wilson Fowlie »

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham

MeshuggeKnits

• Extern
Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 11:49:55 PM
Possibly related: iTunes now gives PodCastle's byline as "Wizzard Media".  Has it split from Escape Artists, or been hijacked?

Devoted135

• Hipparch
Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 12:05:52 AM
I'm also not able to get the miniature directly through iTunes. There's that little "!" next to the podcast name, indicating that there's definitely a problem.

For what it's worth, I also have the feed address as: http://feeds.escapeartists.net/PodCastle_Main

SFEley

• Hipparch
    • Escape Artists, Inc.
Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 05:20:16 AM
Thanks for the heads-up, all.  This appears to have been a server change gone awry.  I'm working on fixing it and we'll have things back shortly.  Sorry for the hassles in the meantime.

ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine

MeshuggeKnits

• Extern
Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 12:07:25 PM
Working now - thanks, Steve!

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 11:58:58 PM

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham

Devoted135

• Hipparch
Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 02:32:08 AM
yay, working for me too! thanks! :)

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 10:26:46 PM
Uh-oh. Lost the Escape Pod feed now (but the Podcastle one is still working).

As before, I can still get episodes from the main site.

The link I have for the feed is: http://escapepod.org/podcast.xml (which is what is given on the sidebar of the main site).

Devoted135

• Hipparch
Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 02:28:54 PM
Interesting, my itunes caught EP316 just fine last night. ???

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 05:04:58 PM
Working now. But that was weird.

eytanz

Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 05:43:27 PM
Oh - maybe when I get home I'll be able to pick it up too. I wonder what the problem was/is.

zora_db

• Extern
Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 10:33:37 PM
Hi guys,

I'm finding that I can't see episodes on iTunes for sometimes several weeks after they've been posted here - right now the latest episode I'm seeing is 20th March. Any ideas?

Many thanks!

lisavilisa

• Peltast
Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 11:21:46 PM
I don't know about that but my copy of "EP339 – “Run,” Bakri Says" was about 5 seconds and that was it.