Author Topic: small mention of PSEUDOPOD in the new MAMMOTH BOOK OF BEST NEW HORROR (2010)  (Read 3287 times)

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
I thought PSEUDOPOD listeners might be interested to know...

Thanks to a letter I wrote to Stephen Jones, longtime editor of the annual MAMMOTH BOOK OF BEST NEW HORROR (arguably the top anthology for horror fiction every year - one of the top, for sure), Pseudopod got a mention in the overstuffed "Horror in 2010*" section that always starts the anthology and acts as an roundup of everything horror news and release related.  the write up reads thusly (page 90 - after the rundown of all horror-related radio/audio, mostly from the BBC):

"Established in 2006, Pseudopod.org broadcast readings of new and previously published horror stories on a weekly basis to an audience of around 8,000 listeners."

(Well, that was the listener count as I knew it back then - currently at roughly 15K)  And, yeah, it's not much,  but I hope it might bring some new listeners.  Unfortunately, we did *not* get listed in the "important addresses" at the back (while fellow horror audio podcast CAST MACABRE did), so when I write the thank you follow up email I may mention what we have planned for next year.

(That follow up email is also because I was gratified that my sister Susan M. Garrett's untimely passing made it into the "Necrology"for 2010.  Her entry is as follows:

"Susan M. Garrett, who began publishing fan fiction in her Doctor Who fanzine Time Winds in 1983, died of cancer August 14, aged 49. Her Forever Knight TV novelization Intimations of Mortality was published by Berkeley in 1997.")

ye olde editor

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
That's kind of cool.  (Although I, at least, have never - even in my most completist phase - managed to read those massive phone-book-esque "introductions" of his at anything slower than a skim.)