Author Topic: PayPal  (Read 10556 times)

Kaa

• Hipparch
  • Trusst in me, jusst in me.
    • WriteWright
on: December 10, 2011, 02:45:54 AM
Is there a chance of you allowing some other way than PayPal for me to donate? I want to keep donating because I really believe in supporting authors, but after events of the past few days (and all the people telling similar stories to what happened to Regretsy), I cannot in good conscience do business with PayPal anymore. I deleted my PayPal account.

I invent imaginary people and make them have conversations in my head. I also write.

About writing || About Atheism and Skepticism (mostly) || About Everything Else

epilonious

• Extern
  • My hat. It is pretty.
    • My Podcasts and Wramblings
Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 05:38:18 PM
Indeed.  I would love love love it if Escape Artists used something other than Paypal.  Google Checkout comes to mind.  But heck, I'd even use Flooz at this point.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
 Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
 Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
 Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it
 -- Omar Khayyam

Kaa

• Hipparch
  • Trusst in me, jusst in me.
    • WriteWright
Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 05:56:05 AM
Okay, so, I guess that was a resounding "no." :)

What other options ARE there for those of us who want to continue to support you guys but who just cannot use PayPal?

I invent imaginary people and make them have conversations in my head. I also write.

About writing || About Atheism and Skepticism (mostly) || About Everything Else

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 06:12:44 AM
Sorry, Kaa. I don't think it's so much of a "no" as we need to talk to Paul Haring about it. I agree - it would be nice if there were other options.

gaughee

• Extern
Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 02:31:15 AM
This doesn't seem like much of a hot topic, but I would very much like to see another payment option available. I'd love to donate but have sworn off paypal after them screwing me over one too many times.

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 06:54:40 AM
Dwolla

matweller

• EA Staff
Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 01:36:12 PM
That comment, and probably others that would come up in this thread, is addressed here: http://forum.escapeartists.net/index.php?topic=7571.0

with this comment:

(I now have a job. And I will make use of the new option. ESPECIALLY if there is a PayPal alternative --- HATE HATE HATE Paypal)

You can send donations in via Dwolla.com.  Our number is 812-527-2340

SonofSpermcube

Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 03:40:45 PM
I live in China and have not had access to any of my dollar-denominated accounts or any western credit card network in almost 2 years.  :(

I don't suppose there's any chance of something that supports Unionpay or Alipay happening?

Leevi

• Extern
Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 05:30:04 PM
Would be nice to have other payment/donation options, dwolla is for US users only and PayPal is... well PayPal and they ain't your pal at all. So can't and won't use those.

Amazon payments maybe? I would use that.

FoggyEthan

• Extern
Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 11:00:36 PM
I'm willing to use paypal, even though I don't like them much. But mostly I want to know how to donate without letting someone take a 2-3% cut of the donation. Is the only option for me to mail a check?

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #10 on: November 02, 2013, 11:20:50 PM
seems likely...

lynnsamson26

• Extern
Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 09:57:03 PM
anyone want to help me figure out dwolla? im trying but its not working. If I had an address I could mail a check everymonth if I could. I don't mind donation the old fashioned way.i posted elsewhere if we could get an autoeft program I cant even get stinky paypal to work;( I want to donate so much and its just not working. help please I don't want to loose the casts. as I posted earlier- ive been getting the word out here in swmichigan. all the colleges and wmu and Kcollege know and literature depts. are trying to get the word out.

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #12 on: November 13, 2013, 10:27:46 PM
If I had an address I could mail a check everymonth if I could.

On the PSEUDOPOD page, under contact us, is a mailing address:

Escape Artists, Inc.
P.O. Box 83
Woodstock, GA 30188

Haekel

• Extern
Reply #13 on: May 04, 2014, 07:49:30 PM
Let me shamelessly necro this post;  has something happened in this regard?  Paypal has recently cancelled my subscription because they can't possibly manage to use my current CC instead of my old, defunct one, so I was hoping there was another way.  Since I'm outside of the US, this DWOLLA thing is not an option for me.

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 12:54:07 PM
Paypal has an annoying habit of not remembering your preferred payment method. Every time I log in to purchase something, it instantly asks if I want to use my checking account or BillMeLater, or "other", and I have to pick other, pick my credit card, and then go back to the screen. I wonder if that's a logic issue that's related to the one Haekel mentioned.

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42