Author Topic: The Yellow Curse  (Read 25123 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: December 16, 2011, 04:01:20 PM
“The Yellow Curse” by Grady Hendrix, in which our (self) esteemed and elitist occult investigating Gentleman’s club, The White Street Society (only pedigrees need apply) delve into the heathen underbelly of Chinatown and uproot madness. Horrific comedy satire with a serrated edge! Click his name to visit his website and check out Amazon and other digital book spots for his ebook SATAN LOVES YOU.

“”Chinatown suffers,’ he declared. ‘Rumors of war. A mysterious artifact. Something stolen in the night. Adventure calls. And I answer with a merry cry on my lips and my cane in my hand. Come, William! Prepare yourself for sights beyond the ken of mortal man! For we go now to solve…. THE YELLOW CURSE!‘”

If you’re new to Pseudopod, or have missed any of the previous stories in these series, rest assured each of these tales is free-standing… and if they pique your interest, please check out these download links to the previous installments!

THE WHITE STREET SOCIETY by Grady Hendrix

Pseudopod 76: Tales of the White Street Society
    Pseudopod 131: Tales of the White Street Society - The Corpse Army of Khartoum
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 04:13:37 PM by Bdoomed »

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 06:42:31 PM
I cued this one up just far enough to be certain that Alasdair was our fearless reader. I'm going to load the previous two along with this one to fill up a significant portion of next week's commute. I'm not sure whether to hope for more terror-inducing singing or not.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 02:33:55 PM
I re-listened to all the White Street tales to properly appreciate the experience. This is a worthy addition to the collection. I have so much shame for enjoying the collection as much as I do.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 07:20:45 PM
Listened to this once, then again with my girlfriend so that she could hear how wonderful it was. Absolutely LOVED Al's reading. It really brought the story to life. The story itself was fantastic as well, delightfully funny, whimsical, and just the right mixture of intrigue, adventure, and romance (or whatever you could call hitting the woman over the head)

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?