Escape Artists
July 24, 2014, 01:26:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PC188: The Ghost of Christmas Possible  (Read 3410 times)
Balu
Matross

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 06:33:08 PM »

Listened to this over the holidays, all alone in a granite farmhouse with a bottle of wine and an open fire.

I love this podcast.

Now more than ever we need the Jedi.
justenjoying
Peltast

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 05:12:10 PM »

This was everything it was promised to be, Hogeson meets A Christmas Carol. It is still the interpretation that my
children will be listening to growing up. I have nerver loved a Christmas Carol interpretation so much and that includes Dr.
Who episodes.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 02:00:03 PM by justenjoying » Logged
LaShawn
Editor

Writer Mommies Rule!

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 01:18:11 PM »

Gotta confess, I don't know who Hodgeson is, and to be very honest, I've never seen "It's a Wonderful Life" though as soon as the last ghost began describing the new ghost role, I knew who it was.

That said, I still enjoyed the story. I loved how the first ghost is somewhat flummoxed, but the second and third are like, "Eh...you'll do." And I'm going to believe that Clarence did indeed do some good to Scrooge. To all the naysayers, Bah...Humbug!

--
Visit LaShawn at The Cafe in the Woods:
http://tbonecafe.wordpress.com
Another writer's antiblog: In Touch With Yours Truly
Unblinking
Sir Postsalot
Hipparch

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 01:21:28 PM »

Gotta confess, I don't know who Hodgeson is

Are you sure?  He wrote the Carnacki the Ghost Hunter stories that Podcastle has published (which this is spoofing), and you commented on one a few weeks ago in Podcastle 179:  http://forum.escapeartists.net/index.php?topic=5497.20

Wow! I liked this one sooo much more than the Whistling Room. Carnacki's blunders added to the tension of the story.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:24:35 PM by Unblinking » Logged

--David Steffen
The Submissions Grinder:  Fiction market listings, submissions tracker, always free, poetry and nonfiction markets coming soon!
Fenrix
Curmudgeon
EA Staff

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 12:17:53 PM »

From the Ghost Hunter aspect, EscapePod's "Solitary as an Oyster" pushed my buttons more effectively. But the reading on this one plus the tie to "It's a Wonderful Life" pushed this one into an area where I appreciated it quite differently. Listening to the two almost back-to-back provided an interesting comparison, as I hadn't considered a "ghost hunter" aspect to A Christmas Carol before. All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable tale and I hope PodCastle continues to commission Pratt and Shaw stories for the holidays.

Gotta confess, I don't know who Hodgeson is

He wrote the Carnacki the Ghost Hunter stories that Podcastle has published (which this is spoofing)

Less directly relevant due to the lack of Carnacki is PseudoPod 250: The Voice in the Night

I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: