Author Topic: Is there an easy way to tell when each story was origionally published?  (Read 3020 times)

Mav.Weirdo

• Palmer
For the first time I have my Worldcon Membership early enough to be able to make Hugo nominations. I was wondering if there was an easy way to tell which (if any) of the stories on Podcastle were originally published in 2011 (and therefore eligible for Hugo nomination).

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Not yet, although I was kind of toying with the idea of doing some kind of special announcement/podcast post specifically for this kind of thing for stories we've run at PodCastle. I'll think on it :)

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
So, I'm going to record a list this weekend and see if we can't get it posted ASAP. That said, here's a list of award eligible stories that we've run at PodCastle over the last year or so (along with two that we haven't run yet, but that you can listen to prior to nominating/voting).

Short Story:
139 "To Follow the Waves," by Amal El-Mohtar, read by Marguerite Croft, originally published in Steam-Powered: Lesbian Steampunk Stories   
141 "The Bear in the Cable-Knit Sweater," by Robert T. Jeschonek, read by Cheyenne Wright, A PodCastle Original
160 "After October," by Ben Burgis, read by Eric Luke, originally published in Giganotosaurus
163 "The Landholders No Longer Carry Swords," by Patricia Russo, read by Ann Leckie, originally published in Giganotosaurus
165 "The Paper Menagerie," by Ken Liu, read by Rajan Khanna, originally published in the Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction
180 "We Were Wonder Scouts," by Will Ludwigsen, read by Chris Reynaga, originally published in Asimov’s.
181 "Still Small Voice," by Ben Burgis, read by David Rees-Thomas, A PodCastle Original
182 "Rising Lion - The Lion Bows," by Zen Cho, read by Tracey Yuen. Originally published in Strange Horizons.
184 "Black Swan, White Swan," by Eugie Foster, read by Abra Staffin-Wiebe, originally published in End of an Aeon anthology.
185 "This Strange Way of Dying," by Silvia Moreno Garcia, read by Marguerite Croft. Originally published in Giganotosaurus
187 "Ties of Silves," by James L. Sutter, read by V.O. Bloodfrost, originally published in the Beast Within 2: Predators and Prey anthology.
188 "The Ghost of Christmas Possible," by Tim Pratt & Heather Shaw, read by Ian Stuart. A PodCastle Original!
190 "A Window, Clear as a Mirror," by Ferrett Steinmetz, read by Rish Outfield. Originally published in Shimmer
193 "Fruit Jar Drinkin', Cheatin' Heart Blues," by Patty Templeton, originally published in Steam Powered II
195 "Their Changing Bodies," by Alaya Dawn Johnson, originally published in Subterranean Online.

As a Novellete:
191 Balfour and Meriwether in The Vampire of Kabul, by Daniel Abraham, read by Paul S. Jenkins. Originally published in Subterranean Online