Author Topic: Pseudopod 280: The Meat Forest  (Read 12419 times)

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 12:24:46 PM
This story was performed very well. It just didn't hold my interest, so after about seven minutes I skipped ahead to the outro.

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42

flintknapper

• Lochage
Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 08:52:28 PM
My favorite story of the last year. I plan on voting for flash fiction contest and best stories of the year... However, I noticed this story is not listed in the voting. I should have spoke up sooner when they were taking nominations. :(

Umbrageofsnow

• Hipparch
  • Commenting by the seat of my pants.
Reply #27 on: March 01, 2013, 03:22:22 AM
I liked it quite a bit too, flintknapper.   And yeah, absolutely get in on those nomination threads.  I think I might have given it an honorable mention, and if not, this was definitely on my best 16-or-so stories of the year list.  There were just so many good ones.  Every year I find there are stories I want to vote for that I just can't because there are four or five I liked even more.  It's a wonderful problem.

Francejackal

• Extern
Reply #28 on: March 09, 2013, 12:41:25 PM
 This was wonderful, I confess a partiality to any blend of sci-fi and horror. I do wish the circumstances of the world at large were expounded upon a bit more, but the amorality confronting our protagonist at the crux of the tale is captivating, and I can see the grin on the face of his companion as chooses to die or betray their fellow escapee.

TimWB

• Palmer
  • Author "The Flesh Sutra", 2015 Stoker Prelim Nom
    • To Smother In Orderr To Sell The Body To Science
Reply #29 on: July 17, 2013, 01:10:26 AM
This was great! The environment was so well described and the protagonist so tragic.