Author Topic: 9.2 Days All the better for it.  (Read 3207 times)

caladors

• Extern
on: November 22, 2012, 01:33:48 PM
Hey all.

I am Henry and I have no idea where to put this. Thus it is here. Ha take that philosophy. Erhm, by now your wondering why I am taking your precious time. Usually as a rule, you introduce yourself when you come to a new forum community.
Thus this post.

I am Henry, as I mentioned before. I started off with pseudo pod when I wanted to listen to something other than music. But as time went passed I enjoyed escape pod more and more than the pseudo pod as I was listening to them rather sporadically. But I started a quest awhile ago. A few months perhaps? Which was to listen to all of the escape pod library. (Just escape pod thus far not yet all of pseudo pod and pod castle)

9.2 Days worth of audio later I am victorious! From the lows of saying out loud "I am a man" at a Mike Resnick stories to the highs of Ghost Chief and her no non-sense marketing manager (or is that nom-sense ah ha ha ahhhhhh.....) and all of the union dues in between. By the way what's happening with that guy.

My sincere thanks to escape pod staff, the people who donate to keep the place afloat and all the writers who have given me the good times.

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 02:30:05 PM
holy cow, dude.  did you do nothing but listen for those 9.2 days???  impressive. 

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 05:54:29 PM
Well done. You've got much more good stuff to listen to with the other 'casts too, so keep on keepin' on. :)

Umbrageofsnow

• Hipparch
  • Commenting by the seat of my pants.
Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 04:47:42 AM
Welcome.  I'm prone to starting those sorts of ridiculous reading/listening projects myself, but Wow, you actually finished.  Good job!

Out of curiosity, what are your top stories from EP?

caladors

• Extern
Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 02:18:37 AM
@ danooli
Not continuously that would have been insane....

@ Talia
Yeah I actually started with pseudopod and end up enjoying the escape pod more I feel that pseudopod is a bit more hit and miss.

@ Umbrageofsnow
Hmmm.

Most fun has to goto ether platypus girl or I have forgotten the name of it but the ghost chef one.

Most challenging easily goes to the auto erotic asphyxiation story about the little girl who could only contact alien life if she lost consciousness.

Just listen to all of the union dues. Not even close how good they are. If you a fan of the super genre.

Most intriguing the story about the bio terrorist china who bombed the USA but that not being the story at all. The central story is a love story between two men and how hatered was over come by love. Kind of sappy but also very interesting.

Thanks for your responses guys I am feeling very welcome.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 06:55:52 PM
@ Talia
Yeah I actually started with pseudopod and end up enjoying the escape pod more I feel that pseudopod is a bit more hit and miss.

Are you going back to front or selecting randomly? What was the biggest hit and what was the biggest miss for you?

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”