Author Topic: Trying to find a story I think I heard on Podcastle  (Read 4247 times)

espertus

• Extern
on: February 06, 2012, 06:40:12 AM
I am trying to track down a fantasy story that I think I heard on Podcastle, but I can't find it in the archives: It was about a European adventurer who moved to a South American country in the hopes of entering the service of another adventurer, who disdained him when they met.  The main character ended up freeing an enslaved African by tricking a supernatural creature out of a treasure.  Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 12:29:40 PM
Are we sure that's Podcastle?  I thought I read that in Realms of Fantasy around the middle of last year...

eytanz

Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 12:44:25 PM
It doesn't sound familiar to me, and I've listened to every podcastle episode...

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 02:10:27 PM
Ah, I believe you're talking about Christopher Kastensmidt's "The Fortuitous Meeting of Gerard van Oost and Oludara," which played over at StarShipSofa.

espertus

• Extern
Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 04:34:38 PM
DKT, yes, that was it.  Thanks very much.  Sorry for mis-identifying the podcast.

Others, I recommend the story.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 06:59:01 PM
DKT, yes, that was it.  Thanks very much.  Sorry for mis-identifying the podcast.

Others, I recommend the story.

I'm sure PodCastle is terribly insulted by your thinking of them first when it comes to good fiction that sticks in your head.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”