Author Topic: Best SF/Fantasy film of 2011 - Semifinal 2  (Read 5622 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: February 07, 2012, 11:49:41 PM
Okay, here's the last semi-final - which of these did you like more?

4WheelDrive

• Extern
Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 12:57:23 AM
Wow, only 2 people have voted so far? :'(

Captain America was a great story, but did not have much family background...would have liked to see more of how his dad and mom interacted with him.  I haven't yet seen Super 8 (Shame on you, 4WheelDrive :P).

Darwinist

• Hipparch
Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 03:44:29 PM
Wow, only 2 people have voted so far? :'(

Captain America was a great story, but did not have much family background...would have liked to see more of how his dad and mom interacted with him.  I haven't yet seen Super 8 (Shame on you, 4WheelDrive :P).

Was excited for Super 8 but did not like it one bit.  I could go on a rant here but won't......

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.    -  Carl Sagan

Umbrageofsnow

• Hipparch
  • Commenting by the seat of my pants.
Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 09:00:54 PM
Yeah I saw Super 8 in theaters and couldn't have been more annoyed.  I was rolling my eyes as soon as the train started exploding.  And kept exploding.  And then exploded some more.

By the time the necklace ending scene rolled around, I had eye-rolling strain.

Glad to see Captain America win this, because Thor also annoyed me a bit, although I think it was better than Super 8.  That said, I did like some of the style, and the kids' storyline in Super 8, just they couldn't make up for all the stuff I hated.