Escape Artists
September 24, 2017, 04:02:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which of these movies did you like best?  Pick only one.  (Voting closed: February 14, 2012, 06:49:41 PM)
Super 8 - 3 (30%)
Thor - 3 (30%)
Attack the Block - 0 (0%)
Captain America: The First Avenger - 4 (40%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best SF/Fantasy film of 2011 - Semifinal 2  (Read 1904 times)
Ocicat
Castle Watchcat

Anything for a Weird Life

« on: February 07, 2012, 06:49:41 PM »

Okay, here's the last semi-final - which of these did you like more?
4WheelDrive
Extern

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 07:57:23 PM »

Wow, only 2 people have voted so far? Cry

Captain America was a great story, but did not have much family background...would have liked to see more of how his dad and mom interacted with him.  I haven't yet seen Super 8 (Shame on you, 4WheelDrive Tongue).
Darwinist
Hipparch

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 10:44:29 AM »

Wow, only 2 people have voted so far? Cry

Captain America was a great story, but did not have much family background...would have liked to see more of how his dad and mom interacted with him.  I haven't yet seen Super 8 (Shame on you, 4WheelDrive Tongue).

Was excited for Super 8 but did not like it one bit.  I could go on a rant here but won't......

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.    -  Carl Sagan
Umbrageofsnow
Hipparch

Commenting by the seat of my pants.

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 04:00:54 PM »

Yeah I saw Super 8 in theaters and couldn't have been more annoyed.  I was rolling my eyes as soon as the train started exploding.  And kept exploding.  And then exploded some more.

By the time the necklace ending scene rolled around, I had eye-rolling strain.

Glad to see Captain America win this, because Thor also annoyed me a bit, although I think it was better than Super 8.  That said, I did like some of the style, and the kids' storyline in Super 8, just they couldn't make up for all the stuff I hated.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: