Author Topic: EP331: Devour  (Read 31641 times)

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
    • Burning Zeppelin Experience
Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 06:14:49 PM
I think that the homosexuality was actually very important in this story. At this point in real history, China is a very conservative and homophobic place (not all of China, and certainly not all the time, but it's a theme). It wasn't clear that this was still true of future China, but it was at least implied. Forcing Patient Zero to emerge into a man in a homosexual relationship and showing that love can conquer even his ingrained homophobia and made the story even more poignant.

Captain of the Burning Zeppelin Experience.

Help my kids get the educational supplies they need at my Donor's Choose page.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 06:15:26 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to everyone for the kind words on the reading! I gave it everything I had - this story hit me pretty hard, too - and it makes me happy to read that some of you dug the narration :)

Longshoreman

• Extern
Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 10:05:18 PM
When I brought up the fact he was gay I merely commenting on the fact a lot of authors are using gay couples, and well, I think, it's getting a bit repetitive. I would like something new, a different relationship. I think gay and straight relationships have almost been written to death; something new would be a nice change. I haven't got any problems with a gay couple and it worked well in the context of this story.

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 10:16:58 PM
When I brought up the fact he was gay I merely commenting on the fact a lot of authors are using gay couples, and well, I think, it's getting a bit repetitive. I would like something new, a different relationship. I think gay and straight relationships have almost been written to death; something new would be a nice change. I haven't got any problems with a gay couple and it worked well in the context of this story.

Mother of all lizards, are we going to have to have this conversation again?

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #29 on: February 23, 2012, 12:28:55 AM

If you really must, go resurrect the old thread or something.  :-P

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 02:23:28 AM
Well I thought this story was just lovely. Scary and deeply sad. But sweet too. The relationship between Bruce and Sergio was well depicted, I thought.. I liked the little details, like the head-bumping-against-shoulders thing. And I found the end very moving - Patient Zero being unable to hurt Bruce because he remembered Sergio's love, and Bruce giving him the final gift of comfort. Great story!

Only thing I'd say otherwise is I don't think if it came down to China vs. U.S., that the U.S. would win. I wonder where all the other world powers stood, though.

I think he was rather saying he'd like to hear more stories outside "normal" relationships - like say a polygamous couple, which is an interesting point. Thing is the 'casts kinda roll with what gets submitted, and I seriously doubt very many high-quality stories with poly relationships in them get sent in. :P

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 02:23:46 PM
I think that the homosexuality was actually very important in this story. At this point in real history, China is a very conservative and homophobic place (not all of China, and certainly not all the time, but it's a theme). It wasn't clear that this was still true of future China, but it was at least implied. Forcing Patient Zero to emerge into a man in a homosexual relationship and showing that love can conquer even his ingrained homophobia and made the story even more poignant.

Fair enough.  I hadn't realized there was a particular Chinese cultural stigma against homosexuality.  If that's the case, I agree that it was important to the story (though obviously it made no difference to me when I was listening since I didn't know about that).

I think he was rather saying he'd like to hear more stories outside "normal" relationships - like say a polygamous couple, which is an interesting point. Thing is the 'casts kinda roll with what gets submitted, and I seriously doubt very many high-quality stories with poly relationships in them get sent in. :P

Ohhhh, okay.  I admit I was a little confused over the phrase "I think gay and straight relationships have almost been written to death" but polygamous, polyamorous, asexual, etc make sense.  I think Talia's probably right though, that it's just a matter of what people are writing.  I vaguely remember an Escape Artists story that had a relationship claimed to be polyamorous--I think it was Podcastle's Fourteen Experiments in Postal Delivery?  I also think it didn't seem a particularly good example of polyamory (I don't think both partners really liked the idea).  I could be remembering that wrong.

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 04:17:04 PM

I'm actually working on a SF story with a poly relationship in it. Admittedly they're aliens on another planet, but still, poly. Maybe it'll get picked up by a podcast when I finally finish it.

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42

Dem

• Lochage
  • aka conboyhillfiction.wordpress.com
    • Suzanne Conboy-Hill
Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 05:16:24 PM
Tell me about the Mother of All Lizards - I want that story!

Science is what you do when the funding panel thinks you know what you're doing. Fiction is the same only without the funding.

Longshoreman

• Extern
Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 05:53:52 PM
I not against people being gay, and I have several gay friends. I listened to this story after a week of being ill and reading a lot. I noticed, especially in short stories, that authors tend not to explore family. They use spouses a lot and I was trying to suggest to any author who comes across my post that perhaps they should try something new. Maybe two best friends with similar experiences, or two strangers. It's just something I noticed.

I was amazed that I got this many posts from my comment. That was my first ever post like that on the internet and that move was inspired by the fantastic and colourful story. My last word is that, Devour is definitely in my top ten stories I have heard on escape pod.

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
Reply #35 on: February 23, 2012, 11:36:30 PM

Well, I don't know the story of the Mother of All Lizards, but I can tell you a story of the Father of All Lizards. Hatanku, the Lizard Who Ate the Fish, creator of the world, and eternal enemy of Uknatah, the Fish Who Ate the Lizard. This is the story of how Hatanku almost ate the sun.

It was winter in the land, and Hatanku was very unhappy. Like all lizards - even those who are also gods - Hatanku has always hated the cold and the dark and loved the heat and the light. Being a clever and ambitious lizard - even for one who is also a god - Hatanku decided that he would climb up to the sun to bask. Surely, in the heavens, it would be warm enough!

Hatanku set off. He crawled up the tallest mountain - inch by lizard inch - and came to the First Gate of the Sun. There, at the First Gate of the Sun, was Uzuzdu the Beetle, who is the least among the the Sun's guardians.

Now, Hatanku is not a reputable god, and he knew it, so before he came in view of Uzudzu the Beetle, he changed his shape. Instead of his beautiful sand-yellow scales, proud and regal beard of spines, and long manly tail, Hatanku wore the glossy green-black shell and delicate wings of the dragonfly.

"Hello brother dragonfly," Uzuzdu said.

"Hell brother beetle," said Hatanku.

"Where are you going in such a hurry?"

"I am seeking passage through the First Gate of the Sun."

"And what is your business of the heavens?"

"It's so very cold, brother beetle," Hatanku whined, "too cold for a dragonfly like me. I was hoping that you would be kind enough to let me through the First Gate. If I could get even a little closer to the sun, it would be so much warmer."

Uzudzu smiled. "Why, all you have to do is ask. I let all my cousins through - where do you think all the insects go in the winter?" With that, Uzudzu the Beetle stepped aside to let Hatanku pass.

As soon as Uzudzu was out of sight, Hatanku resumed his natural shape and continued to walk through the lowest layer of the heavens. It was warmer here, but not a lot warmer. Hatanku continued to walk until he reached the Second Gate of the Sun, which was guarded by Razok, the Golden Hawk, the middlemost of the sun's guardians.

Hatanku knew that his antics had gotten him a bad name, even in the lower heavens, so he changed his shape again. This time, he became a little sparrow - though he was careful to turn himself into a particularly bony and unappealing sparrow, since Razok was not above hunting his littler cousins.

Razok narrowed his eyes at the little sparrow he saw.

"What is your business beyond the Second Gate of the Sun?" he demanded.

"Why, it's so cold on the earth, and I was hoping-"

"The higher heavens are not for the likes of you!" Razok snapped.

Hatanku, always adaptable in the face of adversity, changed his tactics. "Oh, Razok the Golden Hawk, he of the most beautiful feathers and sharpest beak, I only hoped that if I came to bask in the radiance of the upper heavens, I could maybe become half as handsome as you!"

Now, these words grated on Hatanku's tongue as he spoke them. Birds and lizards have hated each other for a long time, and Hatanku and Razok were no exceptions. If Razok had known who he was speaking to, he would have snatched him up in his beak then and there.

But, Razok - never the brightest creature in the world - was taken in. He preened and smiled down at Hatanku.

"Better say a third as handsome as I."

"Oh yes. Barely a quarter. But it would still be an improvement to one so miserable as myself. Why, did you know that last mating season I-"

Razok interrupted again. "Please, spare me your romantic difficulties. You may pass through the Second Gate and bask in the light of the upper world, but don't stay too long and try not to annoy anyone."

Hatanku fell over himself with apologies and crept through the Second Gate, pausing to make a rude gesture at Razok's back as he passed.

The upper heavens were very warm, and Hatanku cold have been happy - or at least happier than he had been on earth - but he had come to far to stop before reaching his goal. At last, Hatanku came to the Ultimate Gate itself, the most glorious golden gate, beautifying even the upper heavens with its presence.

Before the Ultimate Gate stood Biorkas, the Guardian of the Sun. Biorkas had the form of a man, tall and strong. His spear was a sunbeam and his armor was made of gold and electrum. He laughed at Hatanku's attempt to change his shape and returned him to his natural form with a wave of his hand.

"Little lizard who made the world," Biorkas said, "you are far from the earth that is your home. Without your guidance all manner of things are going wrong. Why are you here?"

"I'm here to bask at the sun," Hatanku said. "It's so cold down there!"

Biorkas nodded understandingly, though his customary mocking expression did not fade. "I'm afraid that I can't let you pass. The world is disordered enough by your absence, little lizard. Please return the way you came. Summer will come soon enough."

Now, Hatanku had not come all this way to fail now. He puffed up his beard in annoyance, then pulled it back in again.

"But Biorkas, it's so cold. Maybe I could bask for a little while?"

Biorkas shook his head.

"I can make it worth your while?" Hatanku finally offered.

This aroused Biorkas's interest, because there are few things as valuable as a boon from Hatanku, the Lizard Who Ate the Fish. Although Biorkas tried to keep his face impassive, Hatanku could tell that he had found an opening.

"It must be very hard to stand guard at the Ultimate Gate," Hatanku said. "The sun must be so very hot upon the back of your neck whenever the door opens."

"It's true," Biorkas admitted warily. "The sun is very hot."

"Let me make you an umbrella out of my skin. In return, will you let me past the Ultimate Gate?"

"Won't it be difficult for you to live without your skin?"

"Oh yes," Hatanku lied. "It will be a terrible hardship. But I'm so cold that I don't care. Do I have your agreement? In return for an umbrella made out of my skin, you'll let me past the Ultimate Gate?"

With a sigh, Biorkas agreed. Before the Guardian could change his mind, Hatanku wriggled out of his skin, and with a few sticks, fashioned Biorkas an umbrella. In case you do not know, every lizard has an outer layer to his skin, which he sheds when it becomes too dull, worn, or simply too small. This layer does not have the depth of the lizard's true skin, and is as delicate and translucent as rice paper.

Biorkas gazed at the umbrella in disbelief. "How will this protect me from the fury of the sun?"

Hatanku shrugged - if a lizard can be said to do such a thing, even a lizard who is a god - and said "that is none of my concern - you agreed to let me pass in return for an umbrella, and that's what I have given you!"

Biorkas laughed again, honored to have been tricked by Hatanku, the Lizard Who Ate the Fish and creator of the world, and let Hatanku pass through the Ultimate Gate. To this day, it is said, Biorkas carries the umbrella with him as a memento of humility - not that it helps, much.

Beyond the Ultimate Gate, Hatanku found the sun, a golden ball of light and heat that finally - finally! - drove warmth into the bottoms of his bones. Hatanku laid himself out next to it and soaked in the heat.

But the sun was so beautiful that Hatanku couldn't resist the temptation to crawl a little closer.

And the sun was so delicious that Hatanku couldn't resist giving it a little lick.

And it was so tasty, that with a guilty look over his shoulder at the Ultimate Gate, beyond which Biorkas still stood guard, Hatanku ate it.

Immediately, the whole world was plunged into chaos. The levels of heaven fell into each other and the depths rose up to swallow the world. Chaos and confusion reigned everywhere.

As for Hatanku himself? He fell all the way down, through the heavens, through the sky, and into the ocean. Everywhere around him was dark and cold, but inside himself was so much light and warmth that he couldn't help but be contented. Hatanku sat happily in the ocean, which bubbled and frothed around him. All the life in the world huddled close to him, too happy to have found a way to survive to be confused at the fact that all the world's heat now came from a lizard.

Then, something shifted uncomfortably inside Hatanku's insides.

Hatanku wriggled in dismay.

The something shifted again.

Hatanku gulped and puffed out his beard.

Perhaps Hatanku would have kept his meal inside him, but at just that moment his old nemesis - Uknatah, the Fish Who Ate the Lizard, who lives in the depths of the ocean and longs for the dark and cold of the emptiness before the world - could not help herself. Hatanku's glowing tail, resembled one of the worms Uknatah loves to feed upon. She bit it, breaking Hatanku's concentration. With a terrible noise - and a terrible smell, to be sure - Hatanku shat the sun back out into the ocean.

Thus does the evil of Uknatah, the Fish Who Ate the Lizard - who longs only for destruction - prove its own undoing, while Hatanku - the Lizard Who Ate the Fish and creator of the world - can do no lasting harm, despite his mischievous nature.

The sun immediately rushed back to its place in the heavens, and the order of the world was restored to it. Uknatah fled back into the depths and all the living things of the world was carried back to their proper places by the enormous wave produced by the sun's passage. Even Hatanku was carried back to his customary rock, where he blinked in confusion and then began to sulk.

After all that, it was still winter, and he was still cold.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:39:52 PM by ElectricPaladin »

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 03:00:53 AM
I was amazed that I got this many posts from my comment.

You had the misfortune to sound - to casual skimming - like you were complaining that there was "too much gay" in the stories on the podcast.  We have been down that road before here on the forums, and it was an unpleasant experience for pretty much everyone involved.  No worries; some folks are just a little sensitive about that kind of thing.

Welcome to the forums.  :-)  :-P

Max e^{i pi}

• Hipparch
  • Have towel, will travel.
Reply #37 on: February 24, 2012, 10:32:14 AM
<snipped>
The upper heavens were very warm, and Hatanku cold could have been happy - or at least happier than he had been on earth - but he had come to too far to stop before reaching his goal. At last, Hatanku came to the Ultimate Gate itself, the most glorious golden gate, beautifying even the upper heavens with its presence.
<snipped>
Fixed that for you :)
And the Mother of All Lizards was the only one who would put up with Hatanku's antics and agreed to settle down with him, under condition that he cease his mischievous ways at once.
Hatanku promised, and to his credit he tried, but as many of us know, a leopard does not change his shorts and although a lizard can shed his skin, he cannot change who he is (even if he is a god).
And so, the Mother of All Lizards, Who Agreed To Cook The Fish Even Though She Thought It was Quite Silly As Lizards Don't Eat Fish married Hatanku in a noble and futile effort to maintain order in the world.
And that is why we celebrate Mardi-Gras, to celebrate the end of winter and the warming of the world so that Hatanku will not be tempted to swallow the Sun again and The Mother of All Lizards can finally rest a little from her vigil.

Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted!

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #38 on: February 24, 2012, 02:43:32 PM
I not against people being gay, and I have several gay friends. I listened to this story after a week of being ill and reading a lot. I noticed, especially in short stories, that authors tend not to explore family. They use spouses a lot and I was trying to suggest to any author who comes across my post that perhaps they should try something new. Maybe two best friends with similar experiences, or two strangers. It's just something I noticed.

I was amazed that I got this many posts from my comment. That was my first ever post like that on the internet and that move was inspired by the fantastic and colourful story. My last word is that, Devour is definitely in my top ten stories I have heard on escape pod.

What scattercat said.  I misinterpreted what you had said, and so was looking for clarification of what you meant.  I see now what you were saying, and I appreciate the clarification.  I don't know that I necessarily agree--I have seen plenty of stories based on strong sibling relationships, friend relationships, parent-child relationships, and the like, enough that I don't feel that spousal relationships are too heavily weighted.  But, thankfully, I don't have to agree with everybody, and I appreciate again that you took the time to clarify.  :)

Dem

• Lochage
    • Suzanne Conboy-Hill
Reply #39 on: February 24, 2012, 03:59:20 PM

Well, I don't know the story of the Mother of All Lizards, but I can tell you a story of the Father of All Lizards. Hatanku, the Lizard Who Ate the Fish, creator of the world, and eternal enemy of Uknatah, the Fish Who Ate the Lizard. This is the story of how Hatanku almost ate the sun.
After all that, it was still winter, and he was still cold.

Crafty, calculating (and surprisingly numerate) Hatanku; that must have been some heartburn! I'm betting the Mother of all Lizards was down the shops and gave him a right pasting when she got back.  Thank you for this unexpected delight  :)

Science is what you do when the funding panel thinks you know what you're doing. Fiction is the same only without the funding.

Dem

• Lochage
    • Suzanne Conboy-Hill
Reply #40 on: February 24, 2012, 04:09:41 PM
<snipped>
The upper heavens were very warm, and Hatanku cold could have been happy - or at least happier than he had been on earth - but he had come to too far to stop before reaching his goal. At last, Hatanku came to the Ultimate Gate itself, the most glorious golden gate, beautifying even the upper heavens with its presence.
<snipped>
Fixed that for you :)
And the Mother of All Lizards was the only one who would put up with Hatanku's antics and agreed to settle down with him, under condition that he cease his mischievous ways at once.
Hatanku promised, and to his credit he tried, but as many of us know, a leopard does not change his shorts and although a lizard can shed his skin, he cannot change who he is (even if he is a god).
And so, the Mother of All Lizards, Who Agreed To Cook The Fish Even Though She Thought It was Quite Silly As Lizards Don't Eat Fish married Hatanku in a noble and futile effort to maintain order in the world.
And that is why we celebrate Mardi-Gras, to celebrate the end of winter and the warming of the world so that Hatanku will not be tempted to swallow the Sun again and The Mother of All Lizards can finally rest a little from her vigil.
Pretty much what I thought, only without the pancakes.  ;D #suddenlyveryhungry

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
Reply #41 on: February 24, 2012, 06:05:06 PM
I was amazed that I got this many posts from my comment.

You had the misfortune to sound - to casual skimming - like you were complaining that there was "too much gay" in the stories on the podcast.  We have been down that road before here on the forums, and it was an unpleasant experience for pretty much everyone involved.  No worries; some folks are just a little sensitive about that kind of thing.

Welcome to the forums.  :-)  :-P

Yeah. Um. Sorry 'bout that.

Killerkayak

• Extern
Reply #42 on: February 27, 2012, 02:53:25 AM
Could you have dragged this story out any longer?  Was a somewhat interesting premise, but just got old.  For the last 25% of the story I just didn't care anymore.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #43 on: February 27, 2012, 05:02:56 PM
Could you have dragged this story out any longer? 

The answer is yes.  You can always drag a story out longer!   :D

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #44 on: February 28, 2012, 04:23:34 PM
I thought this story was beautiful.  I thought it captured a wonderful slice of postwar mentality, relationships, and forgiveness.  Right on.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
Reply #45 on: March 05, 2012, 07:59:31 PM
I liked the story most of it (except for Bruce flirting with Sergio's replacement while Sergio lays dying upstairs), but I didn't care for the ending. I would have preferred either:

1) Bruce shoots Sergio in the back of the head while hugging him so that Sergio can keep looking at Bruce as he dies, instead of looking at the barrel of a gun (though a shotgun would make this a tricky thing to do). Having Bruce also kill himself with that shot, so that he could die with his love, would have been an interesting addition.

2) Bruce lets himself be killed by the "possessed" Sergio, because he can't go on living without his love.

Either of these would have had more punch for me. As it was, the ending made the story about "Patient One" (as someone already pointed out). Considering that the rest of the story wasn't about "Patient One", this strange change in focus at the end didn't work for me.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #46 on: March 06, 2012, 02:28:40 PM
I liked the story most of it (except for Bruce flirting with Sergio's replacement while Sergio lays dying upstairs), but I didn't care for the ending. I would have preferred either:

1) Bruce shoots Sergio in the back of the head while hugging him so that Sergio can keep looking at Bruce as he dies, instead of looking at the barrel of a gun (though a shotgun would make this a tricky thing to do). Having Bruce also kill himself with that shot, so that he could die with his love, would have been an interesting addition.

2) Bruce lets himself be killed by the "possessed" Sergio, because he can't go on living without his love.

Either of these would have had more punch for me. As it was, the ending made the story about "Patient One" (as someone already pointed out). Considering that the rest of the story wasn't about "Patient One", this strange change in focus at the end didn't work for me.

To me, those were the two really obvious possibilities for endings, so the whole thing would've been ho-hum if either had been used.

smileyinfesserton

• Extern
Reply #47 on: March 22, 2012, 04:05:29 PM
I just wanted to say that I loved this story. And I loved Dave's narration--he did a wonderful job of portraying the grief and heartache the characters experience.   It's not often I listen to a story more than once in a month, but this one caught me.  And, yes, it did almost make me cry.  It fascinated me on a few different levels.  One of those levels was awakening me to some of my own stereotypes, particularly in the beginning of the story.  My first reaction when he started speaking about chains and the bed was an image of a little kinky S&M gay bondage, then, as the story continued and it was apparent the chains were permanent, I jumped to the conclusion it was a horror/murder scenario...I'm not sure if the author intended to play on our initial mis-impressions, but its my feeling he did, and it surprised me the conclusions I jumped to so quickly.  I think there is also a parallel with watching loved ones fight against the ravages of illness, disease or addiction and the destructive changes these can work on personality, memory.  Can you love both the person you knew before and the person they've become?  I was leery of the "evil Asian menace" as well, but I do think it worked, primarily as a example of very different cultures and sexualities coming to recognize and (pun intended), embrace their underlying humanity. 

Where did Bruce flirt with Sergio's replacement?  (And did he really have to be named "Bruce"????)

Devoted135

• Hipparch
Reply #48 on: March 22, 2012, 04:56:02 PM
I just wanted to say that I loved this story. And I loved Dave's narration--he did a wonderful job of portraying the grief and heartache the characters experience.   It's not often I listen to a story more than once in a month, but this one caught me.  And, yes, it did almost make me cry.  It fascinated me on a few different levels.  One of those levels was awakening me to some of my own stereotypes, particularly in the beginning of the story.  My first reaction when he started speaking about chains and the bed was an image of a little kinky S&M gay bondage, then, as the story continued and it was apparent the chains were permanent, I jumped to the conclusion it was a horror/murder scenario...I'm not sure if the author intended to play on our initial mis-impressions, but its my feeling he did, and it surprised me the conclusions I jumped to so quickly.  I think there is also a parallel with watching loved ones fight against the ravages of illness, disease or addiction and the destructive changes these can work on personality, memory.  Can you love both the person you knew before and the person they've become?  I was leery of the "evil Asian menace" as well, but I do think it worked, primarily as a example of very different cultures and sexualities coming to recognize and (pun intended), embrace their underlying humanity. 

Where did Bruce flirt with Sergio's replacement?  (And did he really have to be named "Bruce"????)

That's interesting, my first reaction was to assume Sergio was turning into a werewolf. :P Glad you stopped by to share your thoughts! :)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #49 on: March 23, 2012, 04:02:21 PM
That's interesting, my first reaction was to assume Sergio was turning into a werewolf. :P Glad you stopped by to share your thoughts! :)

Me too!

And welcome, smileyinfesserton!