Author Topic: Best SF/Fantasy film of 2011 - FINAL  (Read 10708 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: February 16, 2012, 12:10:29 AM
Okay, just two films left!  The semi-finals were very, very close!  Captain America overcame fellow Avenger Thor by one vote, as well as Super 8.  Harry Potter tied Planet of the Apes, and then tied again in run-off - which was eventually decided by having my personal vote removed. 

So here we are.  Personally, I thought these were both mediocre films, and that Source Code should have taken the best genre film title.  Either way, maybe 2012 will have a better crop of films to choose from for next year's poll!

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 12:26:03 AM
Either way, maybe 2012 will have a better crop of films to choose from for next year's poll!

I predict a Prometheus and Hobbit throwdown for next year.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Joshuabub

• Extern
Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 08:03:29 PM
final fantasy 7 was the best for me with 10 a close 2nd. the earlier final fantasy is really good aswell, i recentely played it on psx

Spam link removed.

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 03:42:44 AM
Heh, no this thread was never about FF.  It was also very dead, and the tradition of doing a film poll every year didn't really happen.

But thanks for reminding me about the "Prometheus vs. Hobbit" prediction for most popular SF/Fantasy films of 2012.  Sorry, no - but thanks for playing.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 03:43:39 AM
Heh, no this thread was never about FF.  It was also very dead, and the tradition of doing a film poll every year didn't really happen.

But thanks for reminding me about the "Prometheus vs. Hobbit" prediction for most popular SF/Fantasy films of 2012.  Sorry, no - but thanks for playing.

Gee, thanks, thredomancer.

So much wasted potential.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 03:45:10 AM by Fenrix »

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”