Author Topic: EP169: How I Mounted Goldie, Saved My Partner Lori, and Sniffed Out The People’s  (Read 71640 times)

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
Can anyone tell me how to post an image?  I tried clicking on the "Insert Image" and it gave me a couple HTML tags.  But what do I do with the tags--put a web address of the picture between them?

Yes.

Sorry if this steals your thunder, but I found an image to use as an example.  You can quote this post to see the format.

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

Boggled Coriander

• Lochage
    • Balancing Frogs
I'm so glad I'm not the only person who thought of Dug in relation to this story.

"The meteor formed a crater, vampires crawling out of the crater." -  The Lyttle Lytton contest

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots

There we go!  Thanks, Swamp.
Those're my three pups.  Left to right:  Mikko, Timmy, and Aria.  The first two are poodles, the third a papillon (though I'm pretty sure she has Mogwai somewhere in her bloodline).  :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 03:11:15 AM by Unblinking »

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots

Heh, Yuna. Nice one. I still wish I could get back the 40 hours I devoted to that game.

Which? FFX or FFX2?  Because X2 got really tiresome really fast, but X is still my second-favorite FF after VII.

FFX was one of my favorites, some good twists and turns, an experience building system that required preplanning and wasn't just the usual "collect experience points, repeat".  Fun characters, customizable equipment by combining equipment with weapons.  I made my own accessory in that game that allowed the spellcaster woman (I forget her name) to cast Flare twice in a single turn with x2 multiplier, all for the MP cost of 4! 

Ah, those were the days.  Anyway, on to the actual story!

I forgot to finish my video game rant!  After all my gushing about FFX, FFX2 was a travesty.  Yuna was a great character in FFX, introspective but still able to see the world around her and smile, hopeful even though she believed herself to be going to her doom.  Then FFX2 comes along and they turn her into a cheerleader.  FFX is to FFX2 as Evanescence is to The Spice Girls.  Ok I'm really done this time.

enigmatica

• Extern
Being a hopeless knit-addict, I'm a ravelry member.  Well, the other day, I decided to take a peek at their version of "Dear Abby,"  called "Ask Auntie BubboPants"  (No, I'm not making this up.  BubboPants.  Really.)  In one of her replies, the advice columnist assumes the voice of an enthusiastic dog with a penchant for exclamation marks named Chester.  Instantly, I flashed back to this story, and wondered if Auntie BubboPants was an Escape Pod junkie like myself.  Or, maybe she just watched Up (which I also think borrowed heavily from this story). 

This story is one that I know I'll be re-loading to my ipod regularly. 

mrsimpson

• Extern
I've got to say, Sully Dog. . .this one was so amazing.  Thank you!

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
I'm surprised that I still have two things to add after 7 pages of comments.

I associated the character's name with Bull Shannon who was portrayed by Richard Moll on the old sitcom Night Court. As such, I pictured Bull somewhere between a great dane and Dug. With the unsubtlety of the Terry Stringer name, I would be surprised if all the names didn't have some other association or link.

The recurring use of "fuck" was believable not only for the dog's enthusiasm, but also fit quite nicely with law enforcement. If you hold an opinion that police conversations are more like Andy Griffith than South park, go make some more friends in law enforcement. Their perspective and language is endless entertainment.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Heh. Thanks for resurrecting this one, Fenrix. I totally need to give this story another listen soon. One of my favorite Escape Pods.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Heh. Thanks for resurrecting this one, Fenrix. I totally need to give this story another listen soon. One of my favorite Escape Pods.

Fuck yeah!

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”