Author Topic: EP309: The Insurance Agent  (Read 13338 times)

FireTurtle

• Hipparch
Reply #25 on: October 09, 2011, 01:47:19 AM
I join the many listeners who have expressed relief that their brains weren't malfunctioning the day they listened to this tale. Celebrity boxing = ok. Weird misbegotten tech hidin inthe woods = best aspects of Terry Brooks, but also ok. Whatever else was going on = WTF?

I love some surrealism but, I couldn't get in the "just enjoy the trip" groove that this story apparently required. Glad I'm not alone.

And Scattercat, as usual, your comment scored 1 Big Guffaw. Well done, your post was more enjoyable than the story itself.

“My imagination makes me human and makes me a fool; it gives me all the world and exiles me from it.”
Ursula K. LeGuin

Gary

• Peltast
Reply #26 on: October 12, 2011, 02:32:40 PM
Am I the only one who felt like this was some sort of "re-tooling" of "Apocalypse Now" ?
An abstract story in which a special operative is sent on a non-nonsensical, deadly journey into a strange jungle under false (or at least not clearly defined to him) pretenses to follow a mystical leader.

I'm afraid I didn't like the movie much either but at least it had a good soundtrack.  :-\

Kaa

• Hipparch
  • Trusst in me, jusst in me.
    • WriteWright
Reply #27 on: October 12, 2011, 02:44:38 PM
Maybe if the reader had put The Ride of the Valkyries as background music during the "fight scene"...

I invent imaginary people and make them have conversations in my head. I also write.

About writing || About Atheism and Skepticism (mostly) || About Everything Else

Gary

• Peltast
Reply #28 on: October 12, 2011, 04:11:29 PM
Maybe if the reader had put The Ride of the Valkyries as background music during the "fight scene"...

;D

I was thinking "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" but that works as well.

TrapperDan

• Extern
Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 07:43:20 PM
What just happened?

LaShawn

• Lochage
  • Writer Mommies Rule!
    • The Cafe in the Woods
Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012, 08:24:41 PM
Finally jumping back into Escape Pod after catching up on my Podcastle backlog. And I'm going to be honest, it wasn't that bad. Maybe because before I listened to this, I listened to Gene Wolfe's Golden City Far, and as far as surrealistic dreamscapes went, I *much* prefer this one.

Shutoffyourmiiiiiiind. Shutoffyourmiiiiiiiiind....

--
Visit LaShawn at The Cafe in the Woods:
http://tbonecafe.wordpress.com
Another writer's antiblog: In Touch With Yours Truly