Author Topic: PC200: In the Stacks  (Read 37755 times)

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #75 on: May 05, 2012, 07:46:53 AM
Just wanted to say that this story blew my mind, and I'm forcing all of my friends to read it.

Yikes. I have a Clockwork Orange-type scenario in my head now.

patriciomas

• Extern
Reply #76 on: May 05, 2012, 07:02:29 PM
My thought on finishing this was "everything I could want in a fantasy story." The full cast was lots of fun and I loved the story. Just excellent.

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
Reply #77 on: May 08, 2012, 07:38:51 PM
Sean McMullen's "Greatwinter" series has a lot of Bibliofiction. In fact, most of the main characters in the first book are somehow related to (or actually are) Librarians, and the most powerful person in the known world (in the book) is a Librarian.

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42

indiecowgirl

• Palmer
Reply #78 on: May 09, 2012, 01:03:45 AM
Wonderful episode! Thank you to everyone who put all that time into bringing us humble listeners such a amazing story in a awesome fashion.

Kaa

• Hipparch
  • Trusst in me, jusst in me.
    • WriteWright
Reply #79 on: May 11, 2012, 01:12:28 PM
I guess I have to bring up Blake Charlton's Spellwright and the others in that series. It's a unique magic system, as far as I can tell, and I enjoyed the first one very much.

I invent imaginary people and make them have conversations in my head. I also write.

About writing || About Atheism and Skepticism (mostly) || About Everything Else

Liminal

• EA Staff
    • These Liminal Days
Reply #80 on: May 15, 2012, 02:21:45 PM
Lots of praise already for this one.  I just want to add my props to Peter Wood's audio work.  That must have been an absolute beast to put together.  Well done, sir.

Thanks! It was a bit beastly, but I was happy to do something special for 200. I'm already thinking thoughts for 300 . . .

Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness? - Artemus Ward

horsemaster

• Extern
Reply #81 on: October 04, 2012, 12:50:33 PM
I have been listening to podcastle for quite a while, yet this is my first posting. I load podcasts into my iPod and listen when I'm out and about. Anyway, I know it has been a while since anybody posted, but I just HAD to post. This was an AWESOME podcast. You guys rock, and I hope you full cast more! 

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #82 on: April 03, 2018, 06:38:09 PM
This episode was voted the fourth best PodCastle story of our first ten years, and was re-aired as PodCastle 516b.

Please note: When singing Podcastle "happy birthday", don't sing too loud. We don't want to wake the manticore.

Katzentatzen

• Matross
Reply #83 on: April 24, 2018, 02:03:07 AM
I haven't heard this one, and it was awesome! I wish there was more about this inexplicable library. Also enjoyed hearing the voices of some old friends.

"To understand a cat you must realize that he has his own gifts, his own viewpoint, even his own morality."
--LILIAN JACKSON BRAUN