Author Topic: PC202: The Rugged Track  (Read 24226 times)

Talia

• Muahahahaha
on: March 27, 2012, 01:53:17 PM
PodCastle 202: The Rugged Track

by Liz Argall.

Read by Tina Connolly.

Originally appeared in Strange Horizons. Read the text beginning here.

Once upon a time there was a plucky young woman called Princess Bite. She loved to roller-skate, and Roller Derby was her community.

Her mother, Lady Push Comes to Shove, had felt her daughter jamming from inside the womb.

“I had to keep the sounds of whistles away from you,” Lady Shove would say as she helped Princess Bite into her aqua and purple quads. “The slightest peep and you were off, bouncing around my insides like the joyous devil you are. The only way I could get you to be quiet was to zoom around the track.”

Princess Bite learned to skate as she learned how to walk. Lady Push Comes to Shove and Princess Bite would hurtle around the track so fast it felt like flying. Princess Bite and Lady Shove skated together every day until Lady Shove’s illness made it too difficult and painful.

Princess Bite loved everything about Roller Derby. She even loved cleaning up after a game, sweeping the floor with a broom twice her size, coiling cables and emptying endless garbage cans. Princess Bite loved the spectacle, the makeup, the glitter and ferocity. She loved crashing into people and trying to keep her feet when they crashed into her. She loved watching the teams train and playing with the other kids of roller mums.

Rated R for language.

Listen to this week’s PodCastle!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:45:20 PM by Talia »

Anarquistador

• Matross
  • Servant of Fire
    • The Pit
Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 05:13:41 PM
Interesting story. A curious take on a classic fairy-tale setup.

I'm not exactly sure if Roller Derby works as a metaphor for sisterhood - or as a metaphor for trans...something...ness - but that might be just my stupid Y chromosone getting in the way.

Also: Oh NO! M K Hobson has been assimiliated! Stay strong, Ma'am, I'll save you!

I just need a ragtag band of misfits, a broken-down spacecraft, and The Power Of Love(tm) in weaponized quantities...

"Technology: a word we use to describe something that doesn't work yet."

- Douglas Adams

http://www.thereviewpit.com
http://thesuburbsofhell.blogspot.com

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
    • Burning Zeppelin Experience
Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 05:21:03 PM
I just need a ragtag band of misfits, a broken-down spacecraft, and The Power Of Love(tm) in weaponized quantities...

I can hook you up. PM me. I've got all kinds of love. Prime quality weaponized love straight from the old USSR, dirty love from my ex-girlfriend, or good old fashioned home-grown weaponized love from my crazy passive-aggressive mother.

Anyway, I'm only halfway through - had to stop for work - but I've got to say that I'm enjoying it so far. I wasn't in the mood for a girl-power story - read a frustrating article last night - but this one has really won me over. I'm looking forward to finishing it, and I'll definitely do that when I get back.

Captain of the Burning Zeppelin Experience.

Help my kids get the educational supplies they need at my Donor's Choose page.

Anarquistador

• Matross
  • Servant of Fire
    • The Pit
Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 06:10:42 PM

I can hook you up. PM me. I've got all kinds of love. Prime quality weaponized love straight from the old USSR, dirty love from my ex-girlfriend, or good old fashioned home-grown weaponized love from my crazy passive-aggressive mother.

Hmm...not sure if those have the kick we need. Do you have any of those depleted love shells left over from a long unfulfilling relationship? I fired my last one off yesterday.

- Douglas Adams

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 06:31:07 PM

Hmm...not sure if those have the kick we need. Do you have any of those depleted love shells left over from a long unfulfilling relationship? I fired my last one off yesterday.

Oh, yeah. I got what you're looking for. It'll cost you, though. I take hopes, dreams, joy, and Paypal.

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 07:27:38 PM
Ok, actually got through the story.

As I wrote before, I wasn't in the mood for a girl power story, and this one really got through me. It had everything I want in a fairy tale. Take me to the place where love is pure, magic is magic, the faeries are always bastards, the way is always long, and the prices are always paid.

In full.

I also loved the way the fairy tale was skinned in roller derby. It didn't make a lick of sense, but it was a wonderful combination of elements, creating a world that was as weird as it will be memorable.

And the conclusion - ah, that was great. It was wonderful how everything came together at the end, and the natural order is restored - brutal and beautiful at the same time.

Five zeppelins out of five, and rollerskates to boot. Or, um, to skate.

Anarquistador

• Matross
  • Servant of Fire
    • The Pit
Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 07:59:15 PM

Oh, yeah. I got what you're looking for. It'll cost you, though. I take hopes, dreams, joy, and Paypal.

Crap, I'm all out. What could I get for nihilistic rage at the indifferent universe?

- Douglas Adams

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 08:04:58 PM

Crap, I'm all out. What could I get for nihilistic rage at the indifferent universe?

Come on, man. You know you can't get love for nihilistic rage at the indifferent universe. The best I can give you for that is ennui and self destruction. I live in the Bay Area, though, so it won't be hard for me to scare up weapons grade versions of either. You don't have the same kind of variety, though. It seems like there are so many ways to love, and only a few ways to hate.

Anyway, you want to turn nihilistic rage into love, you're going to have to do it yourself.

Anarquistador

• Matross
  • Servant of Fire
    • The Pit
Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 08:28:38 PM
Anyway, you want to turn nihilistic rage into love, you're going to have to do it yourself.

...so, marriage, then? Damn.

- Douglas Adams

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 10:17:50 PM
kick ass.

Like Electric Paladin said, the roller derby background doesn't make a whole lot of sense - it almost could have been any sport or hobby it seems - this was a beautiful story with so many elements to love.  The fact that it WAS roller derby though makes it so much cooler  ;D

And Tina Connolly was a great choice of narrator.  She's kind of kick ass herself, isn't she?  As is an android M.K. Hobson.

(No wonder I love this.  All it needs is Marla Mason and Katniss Everdeen...kick ass)

olivaw

• Matross
Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 01:57:01 PM
Joyous.

Perfect for podcasting, too. I suspect I wouldn't have found it as much fun as a written text, but a reading like that really brings it to life.
(I think there are a lot of stories that work better on the page than read out loud, which sometimes lead to unengaging podcasts, but on the whole I think Escape Artists do a good job of finding the ones that work)

Devoted135

• Hipparch
Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 02:04:44 PM
Overall I enjoyed this one, though I did want to slap Fierce Fairy's jealous face a few times. The concept of a mother sacrificing everything for her child was really touching, as was a daughter's desperate gambit to keep hold of her mother.

Tina did an excellent reading, it really brought me into the emotion of the story. Also that intro was great, even if it did cause me to spend the whole second half expecting either Lady Shove or Princess Bite to turn into an android as a way to keep both of them alive..

childoftyranny

• Matross
Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 09:55:32 PM
I smiled, I frowned, I pondered, I enjoyed. I liked this story and didn't feel that any of its elements detracted from it. I thought is was particularly interesting just how little and fragile the magic seemed in this world. We have a somewhat all powerful fairy, but that seemed the only really magical element, though maybe Roller Derby itself is magic, it held an entire world together it appears! When the actual wish was revealed it reminded me of a comment about the last Harry Potter movie, where Hermione erases herself from her parents memory and just how terrible that really was. To remove the joy and love, along with fear and possible hurt that came through parenthood and felt that applied greatly to this story as well. I expected a bit more anger from Lady Push but that would have taken a longer time to resolve and it is short fiction.

And oh how the constant refrain of the promise kept me giggling, one carton I cannot forget so saying the same thing over and over is The Cowboys of Moo Mesa, and every episode ending with some anecdote about how that is the LAW OF THE WEST. She has to follow the LAW OF ROLLER DERBY.

YAY

• Extern
Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 04:56:08 AM
I resurrected my account to say something I thought I would never say.
A story about Roller Derby just made me cry.

Great reading for a great story. This is one that's going to stick with me for a long time.

WinBear

• Palmer
Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 01:12:08 PM
I enjoyed this story. I liked the misdirection about Lady Shove's wish. I kind of expected Princess Bite's desire was at odds with her mother's wish, but I liked the way it played out. All the roller derby names were clever and I appreciated the disclaimer up front about researching all these names ahead of time.

LaShawn

• Lochage
  • Writer Mommies Rule!
    • The Cafe in the Woods
Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 04:59:50 PM
Awwwwww...what a sweet, kickass story. Beautiful reading by Tina as always. The devotion the characters felt for each other was strong, even in Fierce Fairy's case, the poor dear. Made me think back to when I was a kid and I used to watch roller derby on public television. It ranked just a little lower than wrestling. I know Madison here has a team--maybe it's time to buy a couple of tickets and take my son to it.

--
Visit LaShawn at The Cafe in the Woods:
http://tbonecafe.wordpress.com
Another writer's antiblog: In Touch With Yours Truly

eytanz

Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 05:46:34 PM
Wonderful story, a new favourite. Excellent on every level (including the wonderful reading).

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 04:39:59 PM
John Scalzi sez (in part):

My friend Pamela Ribon has a philanthropic side, which comes out every year with the Dewey Donation System, her drive to connect books with needy libraries in the United States and abroad.

This year, Pamie’s focused her donation efforts on two libraries: One in Thailand, connected to a local charity that reaches out to poor and sexually exploited children in that country, and one in Washington, DC, where DDS is teaming up with a local roller derby team to provide books for a literacy initiative aimed at that city’s underprivileged children. Both are worthy causes, and both are worth your donation consideration.

It seemed at least somewhat germane. Links to the actual donation drive are at the link at the top of this post.

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham

InfiniteMonkey

• Lochage
  • Clearly, I need more typewriters....
Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 05:56:45 PM
An emotional story. Perhaps a bit too emotional for my current state, but a nicely done fairy tale all the same.

As for the roller derby aspects not making "a lick of sense", I suspect this is not only a case of writing what you know but writing what you love as well. And it is a fairy tale, so Princess Bite undergoes a hero's journey. I think it's really no different than tales of fantastical librarians. Of which Pod Castle has had at least two that I can recall.

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #19 on: April 06, 2012, 04:18:02 PM
WIN.

bluetube

• Palmer
  • Old geeza.
Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 08:56:53 PM
I enjoyed this story. By sheer chance, I'd watched a YouTube video of some Roller Derby, with interviews of the participants (and their strange names). Otherwise I would have been a little lost as to what was going on.

The story felt like it should have been two or three times longer, particularly the journey of Princess Bite. Being longer would also have allowed for a little explanation of the whole ROller Derby thing. I liked the way that the magical aspects of the plot were not given any kind of special mention... they were just normal aspects in the lives of the characters.

rotheche

• Palmer
Reply #21 on: April 18, 2012, 08:49:00 AM
I say win.  Faery and roller derby: they do tie together, and I think the tie is in that line about 'the glitter and ferocity'.  Roller derby is an unreal world, where people wear a different identity and behaviour; a kind of faery realm in an odd way.

Mex5150

• Extern
Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 02:46:10 PM

Hi,

I started of really hating this story, but it grew on me a little, and by the end I just disliked it.

I know when people first get into roller derby, they tend to get obsessed with it (I have a few derby-girl friends), and the derby part of the story seemed shoehorned in just to fit the authors latest obsession (which isn't necessarily a bad thing if it works, but sadly this didn't). The plot line was blindingly obvious, and the characters were not really that appealing, nor did they grow. The only positive about it was the emotional side of the story, but this too felt a little forced, and formulaic.

I'm possibly somewhat biased after listening to the fantastic 'In the Stacks' an episode or two before, but this was still a very weak story in my opinion.

-Mex

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 10:03:16 PM
I liked the story, but felt the transgender theme detracted from the story rather than added. It only seemed to be a MacGuffin to make the listener think that the wish was to change genders, rather than have a baby. I think the story could have been written with a simpler, more relatable conflict, broadening the potential appeal of this story.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 10:50:01 PM
I liked the story, but felt the transgender theme detracted from the story rather than added. It only seemed to be a MacGuffin to make the listener think that the wish was to change genders, rather than have a baby. I think the story could have been written with a simpler, more relatable conflict, broadening the potential appeal of this story.

I disagree. The gender-switch was for the purpose of creating the child. Real-life gender reassignment surgery cannot give someone the ability to father or give birth to children. The only reason she wanted to become physically female was in order to have a child.

I thought the story's appeal was plenty broad. This was a fair-tale, not a "transgender story."

Fenrix

• Editor
Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 04:19:12 AM

I disagree. The gender-switch was for the purpose of creating the child. Real-life gender reassignment surgery cannot give someone the ability to father or give birth to children. The only reason she wanted to become physically female was in order to have a child.

She also could have been barren, necessitating the wish, without any additional confusion.

This could be a touching fairy tale to share with mothers who like fantasy, but that detail makes it a bit tougher to share this on Mother's Day.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 05:00:32 AM

She also could have been barren, necessitating the wish, without any additional confusion.

This could be a touching fairy tale to share with mothers who like fantasy, but that detail makes it a bit tougher to share this on Mother's Day.

I don't agree that writing a story that would identify with the MOST people necessarily makes for a better story. I'd argue that commonality would even lend itself to triteness. The author chose that route for a reason, to create a certain feeling. I think the very specific issue here - a guy who wanted to be a mother, specifically, rather than just wanting to be female - is an interesting thought. I mean, why not? Aren't there some elements of the idea that might appeal to some men?

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 05:12:08 PM

Stories are not necessarily written to appeal broadly. And I suspect PodCastle listeners know that Anna and I delight in intentionally throwing curveball stories that, though we realize they may not appeal broadly, are worth being heard. (FTR, this was not one of those stories.)

Additionally, I'd prefer to steer us away from the potential "this story felt too transgender" conversation - its' pretty much the same as the "this story felt too gay conversation," and I find that a bit offensive.

(FWIW, I don't think Fenrix was trying to be offensive. I'm just being pro-active this time out.)

Fenrix

• Editor
Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 09:14:05 PM
Stories are not necessarily written to appeal broadly. And I suspect PodCastle listeners know that Anna and I delight in intentionally throwing curveball stories that, though we realize they may not appeal broadly, are worth being heard. (FTR, this was not one of those stories.)

Additionally, I'd prefer to steer us away from the potential "this story felt too transgender" conversation - its' pretty much the same as the "this story felt too gay conversation," and I find that a bit offensive.

(FWIW, I don't think Fenrix was trying to be offensive. I'm just being pro-active this time out.)

I also accept that criticism of a generally loved piece draws passionate discussion. I'm not trying to be offensive or argumentative, I'm just trying to provide feedback. :)

What are the curveball stories you've been most happy with the response? The least happy?

I don't agree that writing a story that would identify with the MOST people necessarily makes for a better story. I'd argue that commonality would even lend itself to triteness. The author chose that route for a reason, to create a certain feeling. I think the very specific issue here - a guy who wanted to be a mother, specifically, rather than just wanting to be female - is an interesting thought. I mean, why not? Aren't there some elements of the idea that might appeal to some men?

It didn't feel to me that the link was strongly established regarding the wish to become a mother. Then again I could have missed the link building while I was going through the ??? moment when that detail was introduced.

Also, while the wish was central to the story, the motivations were not. Maybe what bothers me is that it felt like inclusiveness for the sake of inclusiveness, not for depth. Conveying the desires of the mother were more adeptly handled in "The Paper Menagerie". Conveying the frustrations and impacts of being in an "outsider" group were better conveyed in "Behold of the Eye" and "The Fireman's Fairy".

childoftyranny

• Matross
Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 10:18:38 PM
I wonder if the best question might not be why we see inclusiveness rather than it simply being a person who want a child but was unable? I do not mean to insinuate thoughts to anyone, reading the current thread just made me wonder that. I know that at first it seemed to me the transgender elements figured into the Roller Derby and sort of gender-smashing(meaning of gender norms, rather than of a gender) that sport does. Then reading over the current discussion I think that might be something I should have considered later when thinking over the story, rather than a thought helping to filter the story. I don't know that these thoughts go to make the story better or worse, but something worth sharing I hope.

lisavilisa

• Peltast
Reply #30 on: April 28, 2012, 02:21:55 PM
Well, for one thing it created a red haring as to what the mother's "one wish was". The daughter assumed it was to transition to a ciswoman's body, which led her to swear to undo the wish and find the fairy. If the daughter had known the wish was for her own conception she may have not been so so hasty with such a vow.

This also serves to go with the "careful what you wish for" theme of the story.

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
Reply #31 on: May 08, 2012, 07:44:35 PM
Stuff that bugged me:

* Some of the repetitive elements.
* Took a minute to get through the exposition.
* Wasn't sure until halfway through whether it was "Princess Spite" or "Princess Bite".
* Confusion over the transgender character (specifically -- she became a woman, and then joined Derby? what were her motivations to become a Derby girl after she changed? how did she deal with the change? I realize that part was fairy-tale-ish, but it still threw me a bit).
* The ending was a little bit like the end of A.I..

Stuff I liked:

Everything else. Especially "Icy France" as a name.

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42

eytanz

Reply #32 on: May 08, 2012, 08:28:12 PM
* Confusion over the transgender character (specifically -- she became a woman, and then joined Derby? what were her motivations to become a Derby girl after she changed? how did she deal with the change? I realize that part was fairy-tale-ish, but it still threw me a bit).

I believe (from trying to reconstruct it myself) that she was already a rollerskater (though not in the derby, obviously) when she was in her male body. Then she went through standard gender reassignment, and joined the derby. I don't see why it's necessary to explain her specific motivations for joining the derby compared to any of the other characters - why did the fairy join? We're not told either. I also don't think that an explanation of how she coped with the change is particularly relevant, except that obviously she felt disappointment at being unable to bear a child, which led to her wish.

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
Reply #33 on: May 09, 2012, 03:42:55 PM

I believe (from trying to reconstruct it myself) that she was already a rollerskater (though not in the derby, obviously) when she was in her male body. Then she went through standard gender reassignment, and joined the derby. I don't see why it's necessary to explain her specific motivations for joining the derby compared to any of the other characters - why did the fairy join? We're not told either. I also don't think that an explanation of how she coped with the change is particularly relevant, except that obviously she felt disappointment at being unable to bear a child, which led to her wish.

I agree with your last sentence. I can forgive not knowing about the fairy because it's a fairy tale. But as far as I know, there's no male equivalent of Roller Derby (except maybe rugby). The only men I've seen skate are guys on roller blades on boardwalks and suchlike, and even that's rare these days (in my eyes, at least).

I don't really have a problem with the gender reassignment part, per se, but I really am curious about what possessed her to join Derby after she was changed.

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42

InfiniteMonkey

• Lochage
Reply #34 on: May 09, 2012, 04:00:33 PM

But as far as I know, there's no male equivalent of Roller Derby (except maybe rugby).

Every male dominated sport (except maybe baseball?)?   ;)

Seriously, though - ice hockey. Different kind of skates, plus a puck, but the same basic idea. Beat the crap out of the other team.

Zuishness

• Palmer
Reply #35 on: May 12, 2012, 09:21:48 PM
I liked this story from the get-go, but then I like the idea of tough girls on quads skates in general.

I would have adored this story as a young girl. I was good six inches taller than all of my friends, and mighty sick of hearing and reading about fey, delicate heroines and their inability to sleep on peas and whatnot.

Zuishness

• Palmer
Reply #36 on: May 12, 2012, 09:25:45 PM

But as far as I know, there's no male equivalent of Roller Derby (except maybe rugby).

Seriously, though - ice hockey. Different kind of skates, plus a puck, but the same basic idea. Beat the crap out of the other team.

It's probably wrestling. Camp costumes and cute nicknames AND it's kind of sexy.

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #37 on: May 13, 2012, 02:00:55 PM

It's probably wrestling. Camp costumes and cute nicknames AND it's kind of sexy.

'cept, I think the derby is real and not scripted.  But, I am admittedly way too gullible, so I made have been fooled :p

InfiniteMonkey

• Lochage
Reply #38 on: May 13, 2012, 04:28:36 PM

'cept, I think the derby is real and not scripted.  But, I am admittedly way too gullible, so I made have been fooled :p

It's not (scripted, that is). (I know people)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #39 on: May 15, 2012, 02:03:38 PM
This story had a lot of things going for it.  I haven't had a lot of exposure to roller derby, apart from watching "Whip It" which was awesome enough that I want to go to a local derby match some time, but both that movie and this made its appeal pretty clear.  I like how there were some details that were exaggerated because of the fairy tale style, such as her skating from town to town instead of, you know, taking a bus or something.  I like how nonchalantly it mentioned that Fierce Fairy actually had magical powers.  I liked the relationship between mother and daughter, and I thought the transgender elements totally fit.

I really wanted to scream at Princess Bite, though, when she decided that she was going to save her mother even at the cost of unraveling herself.  "Your mother wouldn't want that!" I wanted to yell while shaking some sense into her.  "You'll be dead so you won't enjoy your company, and you will have stolen away the very best aspect of your mother's life.  Don't do it, you idiot!"  And her justification that she HAD to do it because she'd sworn to do it I just found annoying--I'm afraid I have trouble respecting determination to go through something you've sworn to do that you later realized is worse for everybody, just because you swore to do it.  At least it ended as well as can be expected though.

I do wish it had had a closer POV, though, as I found the distant fairytale telling style rather distancing.  It was serviceable, and got the point across, but I felt like I was just listening passively rather than becoming engaged in the story. 

And oh how the constant refrain of the promise kept me giggling, one carton I cannot forget so saying the same thing over and over is The Cowboys of Moo Mesa, and every episode ending with some anecdote about how that is the LAW OF THE WEST. She has to follow the LAW OF ROLLER DERBY.

I think it was the CODE OF THE WEST.  The only reason I remember is that they chose the name specifically to be an acronym for COW.  I think the title was even written sometimes the C.O.W.BOYS OF MOO MESA, (what makes them cowboys is that they follow the C.O.W.)  God, I hated that show, but I still watched it when I was bored enough.

Zuishness

• Palmer
Reply #40 on: May 19, 2012, 11:08:15 PM

Wrestling is scripted? :-[
 ;D

azahru

• Extern
Reply #41 on: March 22, 2013, 08:51:33 PM
FYI, there is men's roller derby and co-ed roller derby. It's kinda terrifying to watch... but very satisfying to see a 5ft woman knock down a solidly built 6ft dude.

100% a real sport :-)