Author Topic: M.K. Hobson's Kickstarter - The Warlock's Curse!  (Read 5708 times)

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
on: April 18, 2012, 06:12:42 PM
I was out of town when this sucker went live, so am remiss in posting it. But our own beloved Hobson has written the latest in the Venificas Americana series, a sequel to The Native Star and the Hidden Goddess, and I wants it, precious! (Maybe, maybe, maybe she'll decide to do an audio book of it as well? I don't know.) Anyway, I love Hobson, and I want more of these books to happen, and I suspect some of you do as well. If so, check out the Kickstarter project here, and join me in backing it!

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 03:00:49 PM
90% with just a few scant days left!  Go M.K. GO!!!!

(I love the world she's created...remember this story? http://podcastle.org/2010/09/07/podcastle-121-giant-episode-the-warlock-and-the-man-of-the-word/ )

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 04:20:02 PM
I'd love to see more short stories set in that world, and I wouldn't mind seeing more Ash -(the Warlock) and the demons!

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 08:09:29 PM
As I write this, the pledge total stands at 94% - just $600 left to go!

That's only $20 from 30 more of us... or $30 from 20 of us!

Let's be the group that pushes this campaign over the edge! WAY over!

(Also, didn't Felicia Day tweet about the first book or two? Who can get in touch with her about tweeting for the Kickstarter?)

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 05:08:58 AM
It's funded!!!! LET THERE BE CURSES!!!!!!!!

(I'm so happy it got funded!!!!!)

;D ;D ;D

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 06:26:27 AM
Yeeeehaaaaw!

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 12:36:31 PM
 such awesome news!!!!