Author Topic: I need a big favour  (Read 1982 times)

eytanz

on: April 07, 2012, 05:58:25 AM
Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a lurch and am wondering if someone with decent audio recording software could do me a huge favour. I am running an experiment at the NYU neurolinguistic lab in Abu Dhabi and it involves sentences and questions being played to participants who then respond. Unfortunately, the person who was supposed to record all my materials had to cancel for personal reasons at the last moment (i.e., three days after she was supposed to deliver them).

I really hate to ask this, but would one of the many excellent podcasters who frequent these forums (I'm fluttering my eyelids as I write this) be willing to record my stimuli by early next week? It's about 200 sentences + 16 short prose segments, for a total of about 2,200 words. I don't need any editing - I'll do that bit myself - I just need a recording of the whole text.

Please PM or email me (eytan.zweig@york.ac.uk) if you're willing to do this. You'll get my eternal thanks and I'll buy you several drinks if I ever get to meet you in person.

schizoTypal

• Palmer
    • First Flight Simulators, Ltd.
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 09:36:18 PM
I wish I still had my setup from my podcasting days... I would more than happily do the thing. And you're experimenting with neurolinguistics, eh? Very, very interesting stuff it is.