Author Topic: No PodCastle Episode This Week  (Read 4768 times)

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
on: April 18, 2012, 04:17:10 PM
We regret that there will be no PodCastle episode this week. You can listen to the post for more details. Stay tuned for next week’s episode.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:45:02 PM by Talia »

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 05:06:53 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

(now I can stop refreshing the page!)

eytanz

Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 06:41:18 PM
Cool - now there's a chance I'll actually catch up on all the episodes :)

Umbrageofsnow

• Hipparch
  • Commenting by the seat of my pants.
Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 08:35:57 PM
Technical difficulties are hardly unheard of Dave et al., I don't think anyone will begrudge you one missed deadline every few years for this COMPLETELY FREE, awesome show.  And yet, Dave seems so sad recording this.  Probably frustrated and tired, but his voice just sounds really down and sad and I wish I could send him a hug or something (maybe from my girlfriend as she is less hairy and stinky than I.  Sadly, I must settle for the next best thing.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 08:39:05 PM by Umbrageofsnow »

aesculapius

• Extern
Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 09:07:29 PM
Just want to let you know that you guys are great and hope you're not getting yourself too down over missing a week. I look forward to hearing the new story every week because I know that even if the story itself isn't always my cup of tea, the presentation is always fantastic with super professional production values. You're doing great work!

Cugzzy

• Extern
Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 12:06:01 AM
Hey. No need to apologise. You all do a great job. I guess Ill just gave to cope without you all this week.

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 12:32:06 AM
I know those "hidden hours" well.  Looking forward to the coming episodes and miniature.

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

Devoted135

• Hipparch
Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 01:36:31 PM
aww, Dave, you sound so sad! I know that you guys hold yourself to a professionally high standard, and all of us listeners reap the benefits of that, but we understand that these things happen! I hope that the team are all well and that it's nothing more serious than a busy week. We'll just cope this week and appreciate the next episode that much more. :)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 01:59:07 PM
No worries, Dave!  You guys have kept up an impressively regular publication schedule uninterrupted for a very long time, longer than I can think of for any other podcast.  I don't think anyone can begrudge you a missed week.

In any case, my iPod became mostly nonfunctional about 3 weeks ago and I haven't managed to get it fully functional yet.  I think it might be a hardware failure, and I might just need to buy a new one (this was a photo iPod, a very old model so the hard drive might just have failed with age).  In any case, I'm now 3 weeks behind on the 9 podcasts I'm listening to, so I'll get caught up when I can!  And so I expect I'll catch up in a big rush at that point and won't notice the lack of one in the heap.  :)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 09:43:57 PM
I've had a chance to listen to your post, Dave, and I have to say, you do sound so sad  :(  Thanks for caring about what you do, as much as you do.  It really shows and I think that's one of the many reasons a lot of us come back week to week.

Looking forward to next week!

heyes

• Peltast
    • The Returning
Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 10:53:18 PM
That was the saddest ever "sorry we're going to be late" meta-cast I've ever heard.  By sad I mean truly the emotion of sadness, and not the kind of sadness indicating a lack of quality.

I just want to say to PC and the EA team, it's okay to take a week here and there.  Don't feel like you've let us down, because you haven't.  Seriously, no matter how many times I come on here and rant and rave because one of the three podcast feeds did something I didn't like, the fact is we're all still here week to week.

Hell you should take a break on a regular basis just to get some rest!
Can't wait to hear what's coming next. By which I mean I will wait, patiently even, but when the next episode arrives I will be super excited.

"Feed me Seymour!"
     -Audry II
"You were not put on the Earth to get it, Mr. Burton"
     - Lo Pan

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 07:20:54 PM
Hey all. Thank you so much for the kind words, support, and patience :)

Yeah, I was pretty bummed. We haven't missed an episode since we've been doing this, and while I really like Heyes's suggestion of intentionally taking some time off, we didn't really plan this one out that way.

Anyway, thank you for all the good will means a lot - it means a lot.  :)

We'll be back this weekend with flash fiction, and with a new episode on Tuesday!

Best,

Dave

bluetube

• Palmer
  • Old geeza.
Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 07:37:41 PM
Like everyone here, I just want to add my heartfelt thanks for Dave and Co at PodCastle. Please don't feel so down about this. We'll survive  :)

It's a chance to listen to some podcasts from the archive and maybe one or two re-listens of favourites.

Hang loose  8)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 07:40:11 PM by bluetube »

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 04:19:27 PM
Just so that you're SURE everything's okay.  Because I kept panicking through that whole few minutes, waiting for, "...and so we've decided to give it up forever" or something.