Author Topic: PC197: Destiny, With A Blackberry Sauce  (Read 10446 times)

timpratt

• Extern
Reply #25 on: March 14, 2012, 02:52:08 AM
Dave is one of my favorite writers, and this is one of my favorite stories. I love stories that snark about the whole "fate" and "destiny" thing, I thought the use of twins was inspired, and the birds and the fish are hilarious. Structurally, I love the short, numbered sections -- they make for a fast-moving read (or listen), and create a sort of collage effect, where the true scope of the story becomes apparent only when you step back and consider it as a whole. Lovely stuff.

Mex5150

• Extern
Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 11:31:39 PM

Brilliant!

I absolutely loved this, it's easily the best story I've heard (or indeed read) for some time. <off to look for more from the same author>

-Mex

Anarkey

• Meen Pie
  • Hipparch
  • ...depends a good deal on where you want to get to
Reply #27 on: April 20, 2012, 11:15:18 AM

Brilliant!

I absolutely loved this, it's easily the best story I've heard (or indeed read) for some time. <off to look for more from the same author>

-Mex

Just so happens we have some!  PodCastle 112: The Somnambulist.  Totally different tone and flavor than Destiny, but pretty tasty all the same.

Winner Nash's 1000th member betting pool + Thaurismunths' Free Rice Contest!

danofspiz

• Extern
Reply #28 on: July 23, 2012, 04:53:41 AM
I'm the reader of this here little tale.

If you got a kick out of it, you may like to follow me on Twitter where I am often found posting deeply philosophical musings or outright nonsense.

I'm there at https://twitter.com/danofspiz

Be sure to say 'twas PodCastle that led thee hence to mine social networking domain...