Author Topic: Pseudopod 287: Final Girl Theory  (Read 15556 times)

eytanz

Re: Pseudopod 287: Final Girl Theory
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2013, 08:28:36 AM »
Mario -

I recommend that you read about the forum's one rule before making further posts. Your post above is definitely neither civil nor respectful. If you don't like a story, that's fine. If you want to comment on an old story thread to say so, that's fine too. But if you don't have more to say than a single word that's not even a proper word, than don't say it.

Marlboro

• Palmer
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2019, 02:32:45 PM »
I thought this was a well written story.

It reminded me of the the famous "television scene" in Henry: Portrait of A Serial Killer. In that scene Henry and his buddy get off on watching a video of them murdering their victim. It's an obvious but effective parallel to the weirdos like me who are watching a movie about Henry Lee Lucas slaughtering people for 90 minutes.

In this story you don't see what's chasing the girl in the movie. I don't think you can see who it is because it's you.

Languorous Lass

• Matross
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2019, 03:19:57 AM »
I also really appreciated this story, both when I first heard it and when I read it just a few minutes ago (prompted to do so by the resurrection of this thread).  I did a search for it and found it at https://www.curiousfictions.com/stories/666-a-c-wise-final-girl-theory

I’m generally a film fan, but am not much interested in horror films as a rule—I prefer the visuals in horror stories to appear solely inside my head.  I can see being mesmerized by the film in this story, though.  I can visualize it in the garish colors of the 70s version of Suspiria.  A. C. Wise is one hell of a vivid writer.

Marlboro

• Palmer
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2019, 04:16:55 PM »
Excellent point. The description of the movie really sounds like a giallo film. Argento used color in film second to none and the opening scene with the broken glass would have been the perfect scene for him to direct.