Author Topic: Looking for something...  (Read 2049 times)

Max e^{i pi}

• Hipparch
  • Have towel, will travel.
on: July 18, 2012, 09:20:49 AM
Hi guys
In my never ending quest for more audio fiction to listen to I have finally made it to the one that started it all: Morevi by Tee Morris.
However, there's a problem.
The download from Podiobooks is the remastered version. In general I don't have anything against remastered works as a thing, but in this case I think it made things worse than they were.
See, it's unlistenable (to me at least).
While Tee must have put in a hell of a lot of time and effort rerecording lots of the old work, recording new work and adding sound effects, the end product is very difficult to listen to. Mostly because of the discontinuous volume. One second it's so faint that with my earbuds and full volume I can barely make out what Tee is reading, and the next I'm having my eardrums blown in by a sound effect.
So, I want to see if I can get my hands on the original podcast novel.
I already tried the Wayback Machine, but they're missing 6 episodes (prologue, 8,10,12,16,18) out of 22.
So, if anybody here has an archived copy of the original, and is willing to share (under appropriate CC license, of course) then I would be most grateful.
Thanks in advance!

Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted!

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 01:21:32 PM
If no one here has it, why not just ask Mr. Morris himself? I'm pretty sure he'd just be happy someone wants to hear his stuff and would take your preference for the un-remastered copy in stride.

Max e^{i pi}

• Hipparch
  • Have towel, will travel.
Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 01:36:59 PM
That was the first thing I tried.
He was happy to hear from a fan, but wouldn't tell me where the original copy can be found on the internet.
I was sort of hoping he'd say "Oh! I have the original files here on my backup hard drive, I'll upload them to a dropbox or something." But he didn't.
Quote from: Tee Morris
To my knowledge, there is no archive of the original podcast floating around. In fact, I prefer it that way as there were large segments of the books cut in the original podcast. I was flying blind on a rocket cycle when I did it, and now it's complete. Not perfect but complete.
  :-\

Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted!