Author Topic: Not getting email notifications  (Read 16269 times)

adrianh

• Hipparch
    • quietstars
on: July 09, 2014, 01:14:40 PM
Hey folks,

I no longer seem to be receiving email notifications (and yes I've checked my spam folder).

Anybody else having the same problem or just me? Pointers to solutions appreciated ;-)

Adrian

eytanz

Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 01:50:32 PM
Yeah, there's a problem with the forum's mail server, we're working on fixing it but we're not sure of how long it will take. Hopefully it will be fixed by the end of the week. Sorry for the inconvenience.

adrianh

• Hipparch
    • quietstars
Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 07:54:37 PM
No problemmo ;-)

adrianh

• Hipparch
    • quietstars
Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 08:02:34 AM
Still not getting notifications — just in case folk thought it was fixed ;)

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 03:38:32 PM
Email seems to be working! I got one this morning!

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham

adrianh

• Hipparch
    • quietstars
Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 07:54:42 AM
Yup. Working here too! Thanks!

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 06:20:29 PM
I should add: it's only working for post replies. I have a notification request for new posts (on PodCastle->Episode Comments) and I'm still not getting those.

Just FYI

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham

adrianh

• Hipparch
    • quietstars
Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 04:31:49 PM
My email notifications seem to have disappeared again — anybody else?

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 07:53:15 PM
I got an email for that. : )

adrianh

• Hipparch
    • quietstars
Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 07:55:15 PM
I got an email for that. : )

And I got an email for that… hmm…

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 08:05:35 PM
I think the software is just inconsistent.

I believe one of the items on the EA 'To Do' list is update the forum software ... someday. But until there's a single person (presumably running a team) driven and dedicated to doing so, it is unlikely to rise to the top of the priority list any time soon.

This is what happens in an organization run mainly by (passionate) volunteers. There's always more to do than people to do it, so the things that have to get done do (usually), and the nice-to-haves may get done eventually.

Cyberops

• Extern
    • Cyber Security Course in Jaipur
Reply #11 on: February 27, 2018, 12:32:43 PM
Hey, I am frustrating by getting many irrelevant emails.

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #12 on: February 27, 2018, 08:29:56 PM
Hey, I am frustrating by getting many irrelevant emails.

Under your profile details, look for Notifications and Email where you can change settings about what kind of emails the forum will send you.