Author Topic: Are Podcastle and Psudopod also running Flash Contests?  (Read 5223 times)

Oren

• Extern
This may seem like a silly question, but I was pretty sure that I heard on episodes of both the above podcasts that they were running a flash contest along side Escapepod (which I was able to find. http://forum.escapeartists.net/index.php?topic=6300.0), but I can't find any mention of it.

Is my googlefu weak, or did I just imagine that this was happening?

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 12:13:58 AM
They are, but not concurrently with (or even, likely, very near) the EP contest. Dunno about Shaun/Alistair, but Dave mentioned it in an episode (last week's, I think).

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham

Oren

• Extern
Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 12:20:31 AM
So it will be happening some time in the future? Any idea where the rules are/will be posted?

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 03:40:27 AM
So it will be happening some time in the future? Any idea where the rules are/will be posted?

You're looking at late 2012, early 2013 for entries. First will be horror, followed by fantasy - we're hosting the contests at different times this year.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 04:56:45 AM
There seemed to be a bit of fatigue running three back-to-back last time around.

I suspect the rules will look very similar to these.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 05:41:49 AM
The Pseudopod Flash contest will begin accepting entries sometime near the end of the EP contest. The rules will be similar, but not exactly the same.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

julius blaze

• Peltast
Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 05:40:33 AM
Any update on the Pseudopod contest?

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 08:17:59 AM
Rules should be posted soon. (Just started a new job so I'm somewhat distracted)

Expect submissions to be starting in January. 500 word limit, if you want to get a head start :)

julius blaze

• Peltast
Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 05:22:24 PM
Rules should be posted soon. (Just started a new job so I'm somewhat distracted)

Expect submissions to be starting in January. 500 word limit, if you want to get a head start :)

500, WOW. Thanks for that heads up, I will start thinking even more compact. :)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 05:47:29 AM
Rules are up! Check out the contests board!