Author Topic: Confirmation status  (Read 3190 times)

eytanz

on: September 17, 2012, 05:29:47 AM
As of right now, I have sent confirmations to everyone who submitted their story before the 15th. If you submitted on the 15th, you'll get the confirmation tomorrow. Tomorrow I will also publish the overall voting structure and schedule.

I have checked the word counts on all the submissions I've sent confirmations too. If you have received a confirmation and it didn't make any specific mention of an issue with the word count, then you were fine.

Thanks for your patience!

TroaAxaltion

• Palmer
Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 06:25:05 AM
I was so relieved to find my confirmations. Whew!

Now, they're available for judging on the 20th, when does the judging end? Voting schedule? Just curious and nervous, first time doing anything like this, lol.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 01:45:09 PM
Now, they're available for judging on the 20th, when does the judging end? Voting schedule? Just curious and nervous, first time doing anything like this, lol.

Note this portion of eytanz's post:

Tomorrow I will also publish the overall voting structure and schedule.

The exact structure probably depends quite a bit on the number of entrants, and since the contest is staffed by volunteers, what kind of structure they feel they can keep up with.  :)  Just hang tight, it'll start soon enough.  If you want to see how it was done before, the previous contests are still visible here.Last time at least there were quarterfinals, semifinals, finals, with the 3 winners of each going on to the next.

eytanz

Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 03:16:13 PM
As of right now, I have sent confirmations to all the stories I have received. If you have submitted a story and have not received a confirmation, then please contact me ASAP. Any author who sent two submissions should have received either two individual confirmations or a confirmation that I got both stories. If you only got a confirmation that mentions one of your stories but not the other, also contact me as soon as you can.

If you got a confirmation, and I didn't mention any issues with word count or formatting or anything else, then your story is good to go. If I did mention any issues, please respond as soon as possible.