Author Topic: Pseudopod 182: The Dreaming Way  (Read 19456 times)

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #50 on: July 14, 2010, 09:12:23 PM
I think this is my favorite Coyote Tale yet. I loved the magic and how it worked. I'm going to have to go back and relisten to LLT again.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Jim Bihyeh

• Palmer
  • It is the Tale. And the Teller.
Reply #51 on: October 16, 2012, 01:19:25 AM
Hello All,

Here's a little Halloween "treat" for you folks who have enjoyed "Coyote Tales" in the past.

I'm glad to say that “Coyote Tales” is FINALLY available in its entirety from Blackston Audio. In a downloadable format. And narrated by the awesome Cayenne Chris Conroy. You can find it on Amazon.com, Audible.com, Downpour.com, Audiobooks.com, and Waterstones.com.

I hope all is well as the season turns into autumn. And I hope your Halloween is night of superstition and fraught with terror. I’ll look forward to hearing from you here if you have any questions.

Take care,
Jim Kristofic

P.S. – I have included a list and brief summaries of the tales below, if you are interested to check it out and review it.

Reservation Monsters
-   A young boy with a monster living under his bed learns from Coyote that most monsters are far worse than the ones that go bump in the night.

The Dreaming Way
-   After Coyote reveals her hidden powers, a teenage girl must decide whether she will use them to save or destroy her community.

Love Like Thunder
-   A tragic schoolyard shooting invites a strange creature who sets up camp next to the local cemetery, where he goes to visit the dead so that he may live a few days longer.

The Speed of Lightning
-   In this novella, Shaun Sallabye, a famous high school runner, gets a shot of talent from Coyote that will push him to his limits, if it doesn’t break him first.

The Shooting Way
-   Jesse Benally is coming home to the Reservation. He doesn’t believe in witchcraft. But when his Aunt Bonita is afflicted with a strange sickness, he must meet with the local medicine man, who teaches Jesse that native witches don’t care what he believes in and what he doesn’t.

Black Body
-   Fernando Gishi waits for his father to get out of prison and rejoin his family. But after he finds the body of a dead girl in the desert, he must rely on his friends as a dark force reaches out to make a deal. And it’ll be a deal that he can’t refuse.

Changing Woman
-   Nellie Begay, a former combat nurse, is missing her daughter. When a supernatural force might know where she is, Nellie must find the strength to heal herself and talk to Changing Woman.

The Darkest Roots Run Deep
-   Ronnie Long, a maintenance worker barely making ends meet, will have to look to his girlfriend and their unborn child in order to forgive the biggest mistake of his life. Before it kills him.

Remember By Your Scars
-   Jane Lewis is a white nurse who fled the East coast and the scars of abusive relationships. And when her latest ends, a new man walks into her life and reopens all the scars she’s tried to hide.

The Bathroom People
-   LeCaine Keeyahani hates working fast-food but he hates the idea of leaving the Reservation even more. When his dying grandfather asks for LeCaine to help him end his life with dignity, only The Bathroom People hold the answer to LeCaine’s future.

The way you walked was thorny, through no fault of your own. But as the rain enters the soil, the river enters the sea...

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #52 on: October 16, 2012, 07:55:46 PM
Sounds like it's time to get an audible membership!

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

eytanz

Reply #53 on: October 17, 2012, 10:07:43 AM
Oh wow, that's really cool!

It's also available from iTunes, if like me you are living in that ecosystem. It's rather pricey - I hope most of the money is going to Jim and Cayenne.