Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2012  (Read 5306 times)

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
on: October 02, 2012, 08:15:44 PM
who's participating this year?

Thanks to an old meme I think i just found my synopsis for this year
He's a bookish playboy filmmaker on the hunt for the last specimen of a great and near-mythical creature. She's a cold-hearted goth snake charmer from a different time and place. They fight crime!

julius blaze

• Peltast
Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 06:34:55 AM
I'm participating.  I have 1.5 chapters done of my first novel which I've been working on for over a year so I don't consider it "cheating" to start working on it every day in earnest.  ;)

It's about a pampered CEO who was born into the corporate caste who gets banished into a near-future market dystopian ghetto for a gaffe of decorum.

lowky

• Hipparch
Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 10:08:25 PM
I'm participating.  I have 1.5 chapters done of my first novel which I've been working on for over a year so I don't consider it "cheating" to start working on it every day in earnest.  ;)

It's about a pampered CEO who was born into the corporate caste who gets banished into a near-future market dystopian ghetto for a gaffe of decorum.

sounds like a politician  ;)

scarcrow

• Extern
Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 02:42:16 PM
Count me in!

No idea what I'll be writing.

Umbrageofsnow

• Hipparch
  • Commenting by the seat of my pants.
Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 03:14:06 PM
I intend to try. Frankly there is a reasonable chance that life could get in the way, and I think not emotionally/mentally preparing myself to value finally getting my shit together over making progress on a novella would be unhealthy. It caused me an inordinate amount of stress last year.

Oh, and I emphasize novella because I'm going to cut words in the editing, not add more. (Plus, that is what you get at 50,000 anyway.)

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
    • Burning Zeppelin Experience
Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 03:33:42 PM
Count me in!

No idea what I'll be writing.

Same here.

Captain of the Burning Zeppelin Experience.

Help my kids get the educational supplies they need at my Donor's Choose page.

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 07:31:21 PM
I just finished a 120k-word novel. I need to take a short break.

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42

julius blaze

• Peltast
Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 02:33:32 AM
And it begins!  If anyone wants to be EP nanowrimo buddies, I'm "vacant rain" on there.  8)

lowky

• Hipparch
Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 04:56:00 AM
well looks like my plans for this year are probably sunk.  my dad's throat cancer is most likely back.  spent entire day at doctors, nothing written, and will be primary driver for radiation if this is the case spending 5 days a week at radiologist's  :(

scarcrow

• Extern
Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 12:27:28 PM
And it begins!  If anyone wants to be EP nanowrimo buddies, I'm "vacant rain" on there.  8)

Think I'll take you up on that offer, good sir.  My name there is "x a n d e l a c r o i x".  Happy hunting!

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 02:49:57 PM
Not for myself, but I am mentoring some kids through the process this year with their Young Writers Program. The kids get to choose their word count goals, which is more difficult than it sounds. Choosing appropriate goals is hard because it depends so much on age and ability. Too low and it's no challenge. Too high and it's daunting and discouraging.

SBC-B

• Peltast
    • Author Page
Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 08:24:15 PM
I am!

I just finished a 437 page draft of my first novel, so I'm using NaNoWriMo to jump start the prequel.

I welcome Writing Buddies, my user name is Shenoa.