Author Topic: The 2012 This Is Horror Awards Are Open For Nominations Until October 31st  (Read 5041 times)

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
And they have a podcast award.

And I'll just leave that there...

http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/this-is-horror-awards-2012-public-nominations-are-open/

Seriously folks if you liked anything we did in the eligible period, please nominate us.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 06:07:00 AM by eytanz »

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Seriously folks if you liked anything we did in the eligible period, please nominate us.

Ditto, please.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Rules:

1. To be eligible for an award, where applicable, the creative work (video game, film, book etc) must have been released between October 20, 2011 and October 20, 2012. This means that the first release – whether cinema, DVD or other – must have occurred within the above time period.

2. You may only nominate two items per category, if you nominate more than two This Is Horror will only recognise your first two nominations.

3. You may nominate in as many categories as you like.

4. Do not send in a nomination for your own work or anything which you are affiliated with.

5. All nominations must be emailed to awards@thisishorror.co.uk with the subject line ‘This Is Horror Award Nominations 2012′

Am I reading this correctly that the work needs to be an original release? On the plus side, PseudoPod runs a LOT of first publications.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
I'd say that pseudopod would fit into the "podcast of the year" category... That rule seems mostly written for the other categories (podcast category is a new one)

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Fenrix

• Editor
I'd say that pseudopod would fit into the "podcast of the year" category... That rule seems mostly written for the other categories (podcast category is a new one)

I would agree. Maybe I'm overthinking it and it's "podcast" as a whole not specific stories or episodes. So PseudoPod could be nominated for "Best Podcast" and certain first run stories could be considered for "Best Short Story". I may have to spend some free time between now and Halloween putting together a list of the first run stories that would be available for nomination.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Fenrix

• Editor
I'm 97% confident (+/- 3%) about the following being eligible for nomination in the short story category:

Pseudopod 253: Trying To Stay Dead (released 10/28/11)
TRIO OF TERROR! promo 12/10/11
“The Yellow Curse” by Grady Hendrix
“The Shooting Way” by Jim Bihyeh
“Nourished By Chaff, We Believe The Glamor” by Tim W. Burke
277   The Orchard of Hanging Trees    Nicole Cushing   
Pseudopod 282: Flash On The Borderlands XI - Fearful Fashions 5/19/12
10 DARLINGS AND AN HANDBAG by Violet Glaze
FORBIDDEN FEAST AT THE ARMAGEDDON CAFE by John Nakamura Remy (not a PP Original but eligible based on initial pub date)
Pseudopod 283: Dust Bunny
Pseudopod 293: Flash On The Borderlands XII - (Black) Arts & (Dead) Letters
DANCING by Donna Glee Williams.
Pseudopod 297: Of Ants And Mountains
299 White as a Bedroom Door
Pseudopod 302: Singing By The Fire
Pseudopod 303: Flash On The Borderlands XIII - Responsible Parties (10/12/12)
A Murder Of Crows by Tres Crow
Magnitude Seven by David Glen Larson (not a PP Original but eligible based on initial pub date)
Always Grinning by Nathaniel Lee

I'm about 85% confident about the following being eligible:

Pseudopod 252: The Cord (released 10/21/11)
Pseudopod 254: The Blood Garden
Pseudopod 255: Flash on The Borderlands IX - It’s War!
KING By C. Deskin Rink.
NUMBER 21 RUE LE SUEUR By Edward McDermott
WAR By Aaron Ashley Garrison
Pseudopod 256: Repler
Pseudopod 257: In “The Poor Girl Taken By Surprise”
Pseudopod 258: The Stink of Animosity
Pseudopod 259: To My Wondering Eyes Did Appear
Pseudopod 260: Saint Nicholas’ Helper
261   Widdershins   Robert Mammone   
267   Mentor   Sean Eads   
270   A Revelation of Cormorants   Mark Valentine   
271   Flash On The Borderlands X - Demonica   
DOG Stephen Hodgkinson
Annotations Brady Golden
The Drowner Peadar O Guillin   

Tomorrow's is not eligible as it was previouosly published outside the time frame.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 05:14:38 AM by Fenrix »

Fenrix

• Editor
Also, could we tweak the title of this thread? Nominations are open until 10/31. Eligibility period closes 10/20.

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
"White as a Bedroom Door" is a Pseudopod original as well; its appearance in September was its first appearance anywhere...

Fenrix

• Editor
"White as a Bedroom Door" is a Pseudopod original as well; its appearance in September was its first appearance anywhere...

Good catch. This list was a bear to parse...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 06:07:18 AM by eytanz »