Author Topic: ~Editors' Choice~  (Read 4443 times)

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
on: November 14, 2012, 03:00:41 PM
I've finally gotten up off my keister and conferred with Mur, and I am pleased to announce that we have selected two stories that we felt exemplified the best unheralded writing in the contest.  The popular vote determines the winners; we pick the stories that we liked best.  (That's what we do every week anyway, right?)  The Editors' Choice stories are, in no particular order:

The Man in the Elevator, by 'Void Munashii'

Entomology of Sol System, by Leslianne Wilder

Mur will be in touch with the authors directly with details about contracts and whatnot.  (Authors, if you see this message and didn't put an e-mail in your forum information, please drop us a line at "submit@escapepod.org" so we can more easily get this ball rolling.)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 06:03:55 PM
So does that mean that stories that were not picked for this should not be submitted to regular EP slush?

Thunderscreech

• Lochage
Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 07:18:09 PM
Neat!  Will all 5 air in a single Flashstravaganza, or will they be peppered throughout various individual stories?

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 07:23:43 PM
So does that mean that stories that were not picked for this should not be submitted to regular EP slush?
If'n you like, sure.  We read 'em all, though, so take that under advisement.  :-/

Neat!  Will all 5 air in a single Flashstravaganza, or will they be peppered throughout various individual stories?
We're probably going to do individual episodes for flash fiction, just like we would normally do for stories of this length.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 03:12:43 PM

We're probably going to do individual episodes for flash fiction, just like we would normally do for stories of this length.
[/quote]

In the past few years Escape Pod has normally grouped them together in packs of 3, as Pseudopod has.  Podcastle's the only one that has recently been doing individual flash episodes, yes?

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 07:23:36 PM
When I read Void Munashii, I just hear Buttons and TWW singing/rapping/whateveritis his name from one of the early AoMS episodes.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 03:18:06 AM
Well, I also really liked Man in the Elevator, so I for one agree with that choice very much!