Author Topic: PC232: Skulls in the Stars  (Read 8336 times)

childoftyranny

• Matross
Reply #25 on: April 16, 2013, 11:19:35 PM
I find that Kane's puritanism pointing towards the supernatural-evil type of foe as opposed to the inner-evil, sin, type of foe keeps this story more interesting and I suspect might be why this provoked less discussion of older thoughts than the last conan story did, some but not quite as much. I don't know that I'm going to look for more Kane actively but if I stumbled across it I'd prolly read more.

And again, I'm somewhat surprised there seems to be no comment on the "justice" of the end, that leaving the brother, as dastardly as he was, to be ripped apart for justice is fairly cruel!

I think that in the future people will look at this era's political map with scorn. Sort of how we look at theocracies, dictatorships and communism. I'd like to hope that we are headed in the direction of a meritocracy, and in 50 years we will look like the sort of idiots who chose their leaders based on a popularity contest. "Hah! Those primitive morons! They thought the most popular person was the right one for the job." *snicker*

That would be nice but the one problem I end up having with creating a meritocracy is who gets to choose what merits make someone good at something, I know people often won't even agree on that. Usually the answer is there are some "smart" people who can solve the issue, I have some doubts about these all-amazing smart problem solving people just existing, but its not impossible!

**Dastardly is a great word