Author Topic: Award Eligible Podcastle Stories 2012  (Read 3523 times)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
on: November 15, 2012, 02:15:59 PM
I got an email in my inbox this morning informing me that the 2012 Nebula nomination period has officially opened, and presumably the Hugo window will open sometime not too far into the future

Which got me wondering:  what episodes of this podcast are eligible for nomination? Whether because they are an Escape Artists original or just reprinted within the same year of first publication.  Including those that are planned for remainder of 2012. 

:)

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 03:35:12 PM
Thanks for thinking of us!

I'll try to post a list of award eligible stories like I did last year on the blog and in the podcast when the Hugo nominations start, but for now, of the stories we've run this year (so far), the episodes are:

PC203: Buried Eyes, by Lavie Tidhar (originally published in Postscripts)
PC205: Outlander, by Samantha Henderson (originally published in The Feathered Edge)
PC212: Squonk and the Lake Monster, by P.M. Butler (A PodCastle Original)
PC220: Iron-Eyes and the Watered Down World, by Saladin Ahmed (originally published on Saladin’s blog)
PC224: The Navigator and the Sky, by (originally published in GigaNotoSaurus)
PC226: Hand of God, by Erica Satifka (Originally published in On the Premises)
PC229: The Tonsor's Son, by Michael John Grist (A PodCastle Original)
PC235: Recognizing Gabe: un cuento de hadas, by Alberto Yáñez (Originally published in Strange Horizons)
PC239: Catching the Spirit, by Heather Shaw and Tim Pratt (A PodCastle Original)
PC240: Seeking Captain Random, by Vylar Kaftan (Originally published in Interzone)
PC241: Everything You Were Looking For, by Samantha Henderson (originally published in Bourbon Penn)

I can't remember, when are the nominations due? There are at least a few others forthcoming in the next few months that would be eligible.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:36:53 PM by DKT »

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 04:10:46 PM
I can't remember, when are the nominations due? There are at least a few others forthcoming in the next few months that would be eligible.

The Nebula noms are open between November 15 and February 15, so there's quite a bit of time left.  And even if one enters nominations, you can still change them up until that date.

The main reason I asked is that in the SFWA forum there's a "Recommended Reading" list that any member can post for other members to look at.  I'd like to add my favorite eligible stories from my favorite podcasts to said list, and do it early enough that others have plenty of time to read them to make up their own minds.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 04:21:28 PM
Okay, cool. I'll record and post a more updated list sometime around late January :)

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 04:57:03 PM
Hmm.  I'm curious.  What are the word count limits?

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 05:07:40 PM
Hmm.  I'm curious.  What are the word count limits?

Both the Hugo and Nebula use the following categories:

<7500 words is a Short Story

7500-17,500 is a Novellette

17,500-40,000 is a Novella

>40,000 is a Novel

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 10:38:20 PM
Just to note that I updated my entry to reflect another story added: Recognizing Gabe: un cuento de hadas.