Author Topic: The Pseudopod Tapes: Volume 1-The 2012 Pseudopod e-book  (Read 5918 times)

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
on: December 20, 2012, 12:08:37 PM
Is out THIS WEEK.

I had huge fun doing it, each outro from this year has been massively expanded and revised, there's a list of ending quotes and the answers to the Halloween parade, all behind a kickass cover. I did an interview with the incomparable Paul Holmes here;

http://www.theeloquentpage.co.uk/2012/12/20/interview-alasdair-stuart-and-the-pseudopod-tapes/

I'd love to hear what you think:)

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 11:03:21 PM
Sounds interesting, but the interview doesn't appear to have a link to the actual book anywhere...

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 11:51:47 AM
Paperback is now out on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Pseudopod-Tapes-Vol-world/dp/1909348147/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356176987&sr=8-1

And ebook will be up in the next few days:)

pitmonkey

• Extern
  • I'm just here for the beer... and stories.
Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 07:38:41 PM
This is a great idea!  Will the paperback be available in the US? 

Proud 1%er (w/in Escape Artists only)
Nothing else to see here folks.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 10:26:35 PM
Are we promoting this on the podcast? If not, I think we should. I bet Graeme could do a great bit if Alasdair feels like it's too much like self aggrandizement to do it himself.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 06:45:59 AM
Oh it's coming don't worry:)

pitmonkey

• Extern
  • I'm just here for the beer... and stories.
Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 05:53:07 PM
Ordered!  Looking forward to it, I always appreciate your insights on the stories, the genre, and relating of personal experiences.  Thanks for putting it all together.

Proud 1%er (w/in Escape Artists only)
Nothing else to see here folks.

MCWagner

• Wins
  • Hipparch
Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 02:23:29 AM
For God's sake TAKE MY MONEY!

I've fallen behind in the Pod's casts for the last several months, and only just got to the episode where you announced this was coming out tonight at dinner.  I literally rushed home and bought it off of the first link I found, I don't even care if it's shipped from the UK.

Alasdair, your extros are pretty much the reason I kept listening to the Escape Artists work.  I always found them insightful and profound without ever failing to be either amusing or creepy, depending on your intent.  As horror is my baliywick, I was unreasonably proud that it was Pseudopod that got your personal touch each week (uh... not what I meant), over the fantasy and sci-fi podcasts, and felt that it elevated Pseudopod well above the other two.  (No offense to them, I listen to all three.)  More than happy to see that you're doing them for Escape Pod as well for a while.  They got me through some rough times personally and I had repeatedly wondered if there might be a disc where you just stapled them all together into one continuous audio track.  (I have other minds I need to corrupt.)  A physical book is the next best thing, and I'm more than happy to throw a couple dollars behind it.

Best of Luck!

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
    • Burning Zeppelin Experience
Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 06:02:19 AM
I own it. Hardcopy. It was a gift from past-me, who ordered it and then forgot about it. Coincidentally, it then arrived on my birthday, after I'd forgotten that I ordered it - thanks, past-me!

Anyway, Alasdair, can I ask a question? The farewell line from the first episode I ever listened to was "what happened to her, the girl you failed to save. It's been stuck in my head ever since - for years. Where's it from? What does it mean?

Captain of the Burning Zeppelin Experience.

Help my kids get the educational supplies they need at my Donor's Choose page.