Author Topic: 2109: Black Sun Rising  (Read 4718 times)

matweller

• EA Staff
on: December 21, 2012, 04:37:32 PM
Folks, I'm in an amateur audiodrama that pulp sci-fi fans may find interesting. Right now, we're running a series of short prequels before the main show starts. I haven't pushed it before now because I wanted to be a couple episodes in so you had more to check out. We're in episode 4 of a 7 episode mini-arc, and I would like to welcome you to have a look around my ship. ;)

http://brokensea.com/2109/

Max e^{i pi}

• Hipparch
  • Have towel, will travel.
Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 09:14:51 PM
It sounds really neat!

It's a full-fledged audio play though, so many people might not like it.

But I do. It's funny and cheesey and tropey and intriguing and makes me really want to hear the real story.
Even though there may be a few inconsistencies... but it's hard to tell from the promos.

Anyway, well done Matt! (And everybody involved) ;D

Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted!

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 01:29:14 AM
Aaah! This was on my radar and I totally forgot about it!  Moving the bookmark to a more obvious position!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Max e^{i pi}

• Hipparch
Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 08:17:58 AM
The second episode dropped a couple weeks ago.

Since the first episode was 4 months ago I ended up listening to all the prequel episodes and the first one again, just so I'd have some context.
Not wasted time. It's a pleasure to listen to these, the audio production is really first rate. I kinda wish there was a tip jar on the site.

Anyway, Mat, do you have any idea about the frequency of episodes? Because if it's going to keep on like this I think I'll wait for it to end and then listen to it all at once. But if it's going to be weekly or semi-weekly, then that's a good way to listen. Adds to the suspense and all.

matweller

• EA Staff
Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 01:42:38 PM
I don't, unfortunately. The audio drama world functions on a very different schedule than the rest of podcasting. It makes it very hard for me to promote things I'm in. I'd like to push Star Trek: Equinox, but it took them almost two years from casting to first episode and I have no inkling of when the second will be out. Good quality takes time, and the amateur world is all hobbyists by definition, but they would be so much better off from a promotion standpoint if they could get on a regular release schedule.

I've been pondering an audio drama that would focus on one character and have very little SFX, making it easier to release weekly. I need to get to writing...

Max e^{i pi}

• Hipparch
Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 03:08:24 PM
Star Trek Equinox... that was a Voyager episode. A double episode if I am not mistaken. They were using dead aliens to supercharge their warp drive...? ("They" being the crew of the Equinox. Janeway would never stoop so low. Her style is more along the lines of manipulating the entire space time continuum and destroying entire alien cultures in the process.)

matweller

• EA Staff
Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 05:30:55 PM
Yep, that's the ship this fanfic is based on. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Star-Trek-Equinox/277567645629801

Max e^{i pi}

• Hipparch
Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 07:58:26 PM
Hey, uh... Mat?
Do you know if this project is dead in the water?