Author Topic: PC240: Seeking Captain Random  (Read 9135 times)

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 09:14:26 PM
What Fenrix said. 

A) She was clearly interested in the concept even before her friend's death, so saying that she would have dismissed it out of hand is already contradicted by the story itself.  (She talks about reading up on dreams and dream interpretations and the collective unconscious during one of their last meetings.  Not that she believes in it, necessarily, but she clearly is intrigued by the idea of a figure appearing in shared dreamspace.)

B) HE obviously felt very strongly about it.  It makes sense to me that she would try to understand his 'quest' for herself now that he's gone and can't help her understand it himself.  It would be a way to feel close to him.

She was interested in dream interpretation, as was he.  Searching for dreams in the real world does not follow for me for a rational person.

Even the most rational person may be prone to bouts of irrationality when they are grieving.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #26 on: January 28, 2013, 08:33:20 PM
What Fenrix said. 

A) She was clearly interested in the concept even before her friend's death, so saying that she would have dismissed it out of hand is already contradicted by the story itself.  (She talks about reading up on dreams and dream interpretations and the collective unconscious during one of their last meetings.  Not that she believes in it, necessarily, but she clearly is intrigued by the idea of a figure appearing in shared dreamspace.)

B) HE obviously felt very strongly about it.  It makes sense to me that she would try to understand his 'quest' for herself now that he's gone and can't help her understand it himself.  It would be a way to feel close to him.

She was interested in dream interpretation, as was he.  Searching for dreams in the real world does not follow for me for a rational person.

Even the most rational person may be prone to bouts of irrationality when they are grieving.

I can buy that.  But I don't find it all that compelling to watch the irrational search.