Author Topic: Podcast Awards  (Read 3656 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: January 08, 2013, 02:53:21 AM
Should the EA casts try to get in on this somehow?

http://www.podcastawards.com

might be worthwhile trying to campaign a bit for next year.  All I see on those lists are the really really popular 'casts tho, but even being nominated might get new listeners in...?

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Umbrageofsnow

• Hipparch
  • Commenting by the seat of my pants.
Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 05:05:46 AM
I say go for it!  I've listened to some of the ones that got nominated and not been overly impressed, and some I've never heard of, so I think you'd have a reasonable chance.  Elections are all about mobilizing voters after all.

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 06:48:17 AM
Actually, I attended and was a panelist at the New Media Expo where the Podcast Awards were hosted.  I didn't attend the awards because I wasn't interested in the categories and I was busy having fun.  However one person from our group did go and he met several cool people, but he said that those awards are more of a popularity contest like the People's Choice Awards based solely on number of votes.

The people who invited us to present are trying to more of a fiction podcast presence at the Expo.  We suggested including a fiction category in the Podcast Awards.  Apparently the NMX doesn't run the awards; they just happen there.  But they did know they person who does run it and are going to suggest it.

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast