Author Topic: sleep headphones  (Read 3734 times)

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
on: January 14, 2013, 03:52:36 PM
a few years back, escape artists was doing an affiliate thing to make money on soft earphones designed for using while sleeping/laying down.  Does anyone remember the name (and know if still available etc?)

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 09:29:36 PM
I think these are it. http://www.sleepphones.com/

Anyone know if EA can still get a kickback from purchase? These would be a good advertiser to snuggle up with again, as I've been considering a pair for working in the yard. Has anyone here used them and have a testimonial?

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Umbrageofsnow

• Hipparch
  • Commenting by the seat of my pants.
Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 07:06:28 PM
I got a pair of knock-off sleep headphones for Christmas.  I'm loving them.  Admittedly I can't comment on the particular brand you linked, but in general it is a brilliant concept.  I sleep with them almost every night and the comparison to when I used to sleep with earbuds is just great. The internal speakers can get off of your ears and a bit hard to hear if you toss and turn a bit, and for working outside, I'd probably recommend regular headphones, because of the ease of dislodging the headband, but for sleeping it is infinitely more comfortable.

Gamercow

• Hipparch
Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 05:42:28 PM
I bought some sleep phones from the vendor above due to the EA advertising, and I love them.  They aren't super high quality, but they are comfortable, and the headband is pretty stable(I have a large head, so most everything stays rooted on there)

The cow says "Mooooooooo"

justenjoying

• Peltast
Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 11:18:42 PM
These are where I got them for the aforementioned chrismas present http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/daa1/?pfm=Search&t=sleepphones%20headphones. I love this website in general because I got them for half the usual price by just watching the sales.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 12:03:04 PM
I got a pair earlier this year and have already killed them. They were great for sleep, and I concur with the assessments upthread. However, I'm not sure about the "runphones" end of their product line, because they do not hold up well to activity and sweat.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

justenjoying

• Peltast
Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 12:38:49 AM
I just found out that they have come out with Bluetooth Sleep Headphones. No more silly cords to worry about being entangled in! And perfect time for the holidays, some one might just be getting an upgrade.  :-X