Author Topic: PC220: Iron-Eyes And The Watered Down World  (Read 11286 times)

TheTrueBrian

• Extern
    • The Voices In My Head
Reply #25 on: October 08, 2012, 07:22:24 PM
As someone with the rabbit as their Chinese zodiac sign, I am all for some "foul-tempered rodents."

Brian, Narrator:
PC 81
PP 251
PP 303

LaShawn

• Lochage
  • Writer Mommies Rule!
    • The Cafe in the Woods
Reply #26 on: October 17, 2012, 07:26:10 PM
Fun! I'm not a big fan of straight D&D stories, but the characters in this one pulled me in, especially Hai Hai--though less because she was a rabbit; more because she was a foul-mouth kick-ass bunny rabbit who had no problems sleeping with men and leaving those families behind.

Add me to the ones who liked the ending. Did anyone else think it was a trap at first when the demon turned into Freya? Maybe it still is...maybe the demon threw Zok off his scent by saying that the sniveling kid was his, and then he got to play with Freya's spirit however he liked--except that would mean he would have kept the ring, and Zok wouldn't have gotten it back.

I hope that's how it goes. Because the alternative is depressing.

--
Visit LaShawn at The Cafe in the Woods:
http://tbonecafe.wordpress.com
Another writer's antiblog: In Touch With Yours Truly

TimothyAWiseman

• Extern
Reply #27 on: March 12, 2013, 01:49:59 PM
I am coming to this late as I catch up on PodCastle, but I wanted to say that this story was great.  It was one of my favorite stories to appear on PodCastle.  There was just enough world building to be intriguing, and I thought all of the characters were well developed and interesting, while still throwing around swords and getting into magnificent fights.

I especially loved Hai Hai.  We need more stories with Hai Hai.