Author Topic: Pseudopod 322: Cry Room  (Read 13977 times)

Red Dog 344

• Palmer
Reply #25 on: May 12, 2013, 11:08:42 AM
Alasdair, the story you refer to in your outro is The Tower by Marghanita Laski.  I read it in The Oxford Book of
Twentieth-Century Ghost Stories
, but Laski's story was first published in 1955.

Cynandre

• Palmer
  • I May be Addicted to Words...
    • Cynandre
Reply #26 on: May 24, 2013, 12:50:22 PM
There must be something wrong with me, because I found this story cute and a bit heartwarming.
To know the Father would stay with his Daughter through anything just made me smile.
Yeah, I'm weird that way. :)

Insanity takes it's toll. Please have exact change.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 01:20:55 PM
I named this my #13 favorite Pseudopod episode:
http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/2014/08/podcast-spotlight-pseudopod/

Marlboro

• Matross
Reply #28 on: December 22, 2019, 04:09:47 PM
There must be something wrong with me, because I found this story cute and a bit heartwarming.
To know the Father would stay with his Daughter through anything just made me smile.
Yeah, I'm weird that way. :)

Those were my sentiments too...until I realized that the final black door is an entrance leading directly to the seat behind me on every plane I've ever been on. Shudder. Even William Shatner wouldn't trade seats with me on those flights.

Alasdair, the story you refer to in your outro is The Tower by Marghanita Laski.  I read it in The Oxford Book of
Twentieth-Century Ghost Stories
, but Laski's story was first published in 1955.

Yeah, the host misremembered the story a bit as we are wont to do when thinking of stuff from our childhood. It's actually an episode of Ghost Story featuring Joss Acklund that he is thinking of instead of the Man in Black. It's a great story either way. As a matter if fact it recently lead me to buying a copy of the book you mentioned.

P.S. This episode would make for a nice Father's Day listen along with "Flat Diane" and "Birds of Passage."