Escape Artists

News:

News

ATTENTION: NEW FORUM THEME Please see here for details: http://forum.escapeartists.net/index.php?topic=13188.0

Author Topic: PC247: The Three Feats of Agani  (Read 5763 times)

LaShawn

• Lochage
  • Writer Mommies Rule!
    • The Cafe in the Woods
Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 07:08:17 PM
Can't really add much except to say this was a chilling and effective story! Really liked it. Been taking an interest into creation myths as of late, and while the moral, always do right part of me is balking at the girl's fascination of Agani, I do have to admit that the gods failure to do anything does put Agani's actions into perspective. Would love to hear more of him, but that might bring about apocalypse.

--
Visit LaShawn at The Cafe in the Woods:
http://tbonecafe.wordpress.com
Another writer's antiblog: In Touch With Yours Truly

childoftyranny

• Matross
Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 01:57:04 AM
I think the story I would really enjoy hearing this lead into is the discovery that these are the three stories of Agani the other gods are allowing to be spread. Not necessarily that he is a better god than he appears here but that beyond simply his gaining of godhood that his acting for and against the other gods is really the full mythos, not so much as as in good/evil, but force1/force2.

Immediately after the reading I was displeased with the last line, because of how Agani was never really a bear. Reading others thoughts I can see how this might have been a symbol of the daughter taking ahold of the ideas of the first Agani. Yet, I still can't shake the thought that as an ending to a wonderful mythology story that line left me wanting.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 02:15:40 PM
Immediately after the reading I was displeased with the last line, because of how Agani was never really a bear. Reading others thoughts I can see how this might have been a symbol of the daughter taking ahold of the ideas of the first Agani. Yet, I still can't shake the thought that as an ending to a wonderful mythology story that line left me wanting.

Even if he had never been a bear, with the abilities he has shown who is to say he can't roar like a bear now?

childoftyranny

• Matross
Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 04:50:26 PM

Even if he had never been a bear, with the abilities he has shown who is to say he can't roar like a bear now?

Its not so much that he could not, hes a god, perhaps all the gods could roar like a bear. But Agani is specifically a god who destroys other gods, even in the first myth he is not fond of the bear form and drops it quickly. Agani doesn't appear to the sort of take other gods characteristics for himself, and because of that Agani roaring in the voice of a bear feel uncharactaristic of him, to me, within this short piece.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #24 on: May 31, 2013, 01:41:07 PM

Its not so much that he could not, hes a god, perhaps all the gods could roar like a bear. But Agani is specifically a god who destroys other gods, even in the first myth he is not fond of the bear form and drops it quickly. Agani doesn't appear to the sort of take other gods characteristics for himself, and because of that Agani roaring in the voice of a bear feel uncharactaristic of him, to me, within this short piece.

It seems totally in character to me.  Agani doesn't care what you think.  :)

Whiskerwing

• Peltast
  • [Verb]!
    • TavenMoore.com
Reply #25 on: August 05, 2013, 07:08:28 PM
Loved this! A true pleasure to listen to, and thought-provoking besides. Extremely well done.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #26 on: July 08, 2014, 10:19:54 PM
Named this story #4 on my Best Podcast Fiction of All Time List:
http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/2014/07/the-best-podcast-fiction-of-all-time-the-complete-list/