Author Topic: EP399: My Heart is a Quadratic Equation  (Read 19874 times)

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #50 on: June 21, 2013, 03:21:58 AM

And speaking of death rays...

Death ray. Tell your friends.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

evrgrn_monster

• Lochage
  • SQUAW, MY OPINIONS.
Reply #51 on: June 21, 2013, 04:49:23 AM
I really wanted this story to work for me, but it just fell flat. The humor actually felt a bit forced to me; the characters just didn't seem natural and the dialogue was awkward. The biggest issue I actually had was the major attitude shift from the main character towards Albert. It seemed like, initially, she was trying her best at the dates with the other two guys, Generic Man and Jerk Cliche Man, which then devolved rather quickly, but then, when we got to Albert, she wasn't even trying.

I did enjoy the build up conversation between her and Albert and agree with others that the last line should have been "Your lair, or mine?" There were some flashes of something fun and cheeky in this story, but again, it just didn't happen, for me at least.

Shout out to the reader, who I felt like did a solid job.

schizoTypal

• Palmer
    • First Flight Simulators, Ltd.
Reply #52 on: June 23, 2013, 06:36:58 PM
My only word for this story is "Adorable."

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
Reply #53 on: October 26, 2013, 08:41:38 PM
This was fun, and silly. And that was enough for me this day. It entertained me on my run. I don't need deep, heavy stuff every single time (though sometimes would be good).

hardware

• Matross
Reply #54 on: January 07, 2014, 10:10:23 AM
Naah. No fun. Predictable, shallow and a lazy use of tropes. Moving on.