Author Topic: EP401: Growing Up Human  (Read 12445 times)

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 11:09:50 PM
Ben Sisko just wishes he was John Sheridan. Also, there weren't any characters on DS9 named after Alfred Bester and played by TOS actors. Armin Shimerman can't hold the series by himself.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

matweller

• EA Staff
Reply #26 on: July 17, 2013, 03:29:27 AM
It was the only Star Trek with significant, prolonged battle... how can you not love that?

Gamercow

• Hipparch
Reply #27 on: July 18, 2013, 01:55:57 PM
I didn't like this one.  I'm not sure it covers any new ground in the "What does it mean to be human" trope, even though Alisdair seems to believe so.  I got bored about halfway through, and started trying to guess where the narrator was from given her vocal queues.  My guess is mid-atlantic, possibly Ohio/Pittsburgh area, but more likely Maryland/Delaware/Southern Jersey. 

The cow says "Mooooooooo"

soapturtle

• Extern
    • soapturtle.net
Reply #28 on: August 09, 2013, 03:25:09 PM
I didn't like this one.  I'm not sure it covers any new ground in the "What does it mean to be human" trope, even though Alisdair seems to believe so.  I got bored about halfway through, and started trying to guess where the narrator was from given her vocal queues.  My guess is mid-atlantic, possibly Ohio/Pittsburgh area, but more likely Maryland/Delaware/Southern Jersey. 

You are correct(ish).  I do live in Maryland and have done so for 8 years now.  But I am guessing the reason you had a little trouble placing me is because I am actually from Georgia, and while you can take the girl out of the south, it's rather hard to take the south of out the girl (or at least out of her accent).  ;)

In all seriousness, if had spent any time around my family prior to recording, or even talked on the phone with them, I wouldn't have been able to remove as much of my drawl from my voice when reading because I just can't hear most southern accents myself and in fact I worry about it creeping out when I read fairly often. 

When asked nicely, I sometimes read things for people on the internet.
Blog : Voice : Twitter: @soapturtle

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
Reply #29 on: October 27, 2013, 10:47:47 PM
This was silly and fun. I was a little lost with the Three Stooges (being someone who does not get the Three Stooges, at all!!), but I was able to get over that.

hardware

• Matross
Reply #30 on: January 09, 2014, 01:13:12 PM
OK, usually I find people give stories here too much of a pass because they are 'fun', but this was just the right kind of fun. Manic, gleeful fun that didn't overrely on stereotypes or insult the listeners intelligence. For me it seems clear that they are post-humans of some kind, possibly artificial, on whatever hardware.