Author Topic: Flash Contest Details?  (Read 4418 times)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
on: June 26, 2013, 01:00:31 PM
So Dave said in the last episode to look at the forum for rules of the flash fiction contest.  Where be they?   :)

flintknapper

• Lochage
Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 07:04:08 PM
I have told myself this time I am going to do like others did last time and comment on every story in the contest. Probably enter a story myself too. I assume the rules will be up in the contest section, but they are not up yet as far as I can tell. I am looking forward to it. It will be interesting to see spread of modern fantasy vs high fantasy vs steampunk vs other sub-genres compete against each other in the contest.

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 04:43:46 AM
The forum for the PC contest should now be visible, and the rules post is up:

http://forum.escapeartists.net/index.php?topic=7229.0

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 02:39:00 PM
It's come to our attention that at least one person can't see the PC Flash Fiction contest thread linked above. If there's anyone else out there experiencing this issue (you have to be a registered user, obviously), please let us know.

Thanks!

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 02:52:10 PM
It's come to our attention that at least one person can't see the PC Flash Fiction contest thread linked above. If there's anyone else out there experiencing this issue (you have to be a registered user, obviously), please let us know.

Thanks!

Shouldn't you be able to see it even if you're not registered... during the submission period.  And then it will be made private to protect first publication rights when the reading/voting period starts?

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 10:16:59 PM

Thanks!

Shouldn't you be able to see it even if you're not registered... during the submission period.  And then it will be made private to protect first publication rights when the reading/voting period starts?

In fact, only the actual story threads need to be made private, come to that.

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 11:56:16 PM

Thanks!

The polls too, and any other thread that names the stories I'd say.  If I get 8th place out of 8 I'd rather it not be Googleable by that title for people to see that.

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 12:06:29 AM

The polls too, and any other thread that names the stories I'd say.  If I get 8th place out of 8 I'd rather it not be Googleable by that title for people to see that.

Ah, yes, good point.

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham