Escape Artists

News:

News

ATTENTION: NEW FORUM THEME Please see here for details: http://forum.escapeartists.net/index.php?topic=13188.0

Author Topic: Pseudopod 371: The Unfinished Room  (Read 6308 times)

davidthygod

• Peltast
Reply #20 on: March 17, 2014, 06:41:55 PM
Pulling no punches.  Loved it.  Really got to me.

I like the idea that this house only attracts people who have some reason to be affected by the room.

Agree completely.  This is one of the few stories that has really stuck with me many days later.  I really like this one.  I am pretty sure people with a squeaky clean past, probably would not be very attracted to this specific house.

The man is clear in his mind, but his soul is mad.

The Far Stairs

• Peltast
    • A Thousand Lifetimes in an Hour
Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 06:53:45 PM
Gotta agree with Thundercrack and Scattercat. I wanted to like this. It had all the right pieces of things I like in my stories. I just couldn't dig it properly. Felt a little paint by numbers. Nothing was a huge surprise. Except the kid killing which seemed crazily over the top and unnecessary. I mean, a kid might accidentally kill another kid, but the completion of the act and then burying his body, that's not an ok person that then goes on about the rest of his life. Kids that have done that for real are ALWAYS childhood psychopaths. That's not an oops. That's a pre-Gacey.

What if the entire story is the deranged hallucination of the psychopathic main character??

Just kidding. I'm not actually going to argue that.

Jesse Livingston
Head of Historical Archives
The Far Stairs
www.athousandlifetimes.com