Author Topic: Pseudopod 341: Immortal L.A.  (Read 9960 times)

Cheshire_Snark

• Palmer
Re: Pseudopod 341: Immortal L.A.
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 09:17:10 AM »
This had some good moments.  My particular favorite was the vampire asking his food if he looked fat.  That's an awkward question under absolutely any context, but that's got to be the most awkward of all--the one answer that would help you encourage the vampire not to eat might also piss him off enough to kill.

That was definitely the highlight of the story for me. It also raised a whole bunch of interesting questions for me - what kind of vampire is he? Surely the standard "walking corpse" vamp wouldn't be prone to weight gain? I found the description of how their choices and diets changed them physically added a really interesting layer to the story - how she became fat and muscular from her previously waif-like state; how he starved himself down to nothing. It's not something that usually comes up in vampire stories.

Though the narration did remind me a bit of an ex-boyfriend. Which was just weird.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2014, 04:06:44 PM »
Raising this thread from the dead to let everyone know that Mr. Czuleger, the author of this tale, has come out with a book! http://amzn.to/1abp4fv
I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Facemouth

• Extern
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2014, 03:56:38 AM »
The book is awesome.  Seriously.  Anyone that likes Gaiman should check it out. A quick read too...I blew through it in a couple sittings.

Zoo

• Extern
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2014, 09:06:38 PM »
Facemouth! Thank you so much for the kind words. And for reading the book. I'm honored (This is Eric of Immortal L.A.)