Author Topic: Evil Dead remake  (Read 14552 times)

evrgrn_monster

• Lochage
  • SQUAW, MY OPINIONS.
on: July 17, 2013, 03:04:16 AM
So just watched the Evil Dead remake like five minutes ago and need to spread the movie love around.

For me, this was everything a reboot needed to be; little touches of the original all sprinkled throughout this brand new story, new characters, great effects. Plus, with Big Papas Raimi and Campbell standing behind it, I wasn't too worried, but still, I was quite impressed.

Okay, gonna go watch Special Features now.

Evil Dead, yaaaaaaaaay!

The-Adversary

• Extern
Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 04:40:49 AM
I'm still not sure if I liked it that much or not, to be quite honest. I'm probably just too hung up on the originals. Somehow, the demons just didn't seem as... demonic, to me. I missed the good old days where, when you chopped into one of the possessed, you never knew what color blood was comin' out.

Also, you waited until after the credits right?

evrgrn_monster

• Lochage
  • SQUAW, MY OPINIONS.
Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 03:33:01 AM
I did.

He is the man.

The-Adversary

• Extern
Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 07:03:59 AM
Hell yeah he is! I've heard wild internet rumors only to be taken with a grain of salt that the plans are for another Fede Alvarez Evil Dead, a Raimi Army of Darkness 2, and a third crossover movie. Again, don't get your hopes up, but damn would that be sweet.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 05:22:55 PM
For me the series starts with Evil Dead 2; I ignore the first film completely.

Army of Darkness 2 should work from the original ending (Ash takes the potion, one drop per century of sleep, and accidentally takes an extra drop and sleeps too long, waking up post-apocalypse).

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

The-Adversary

• Extern
Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 10:22:08 PM
I totally agree. I'd like to see some Army of Darkness with a hint of Road Warrior.

juttt45

• Extern
Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 11:18:26 AM
I've heard wild internet rumors only to be taken with a grain of salt that the plans are for another Fede Alvarez Evil Dead, a Raimi Army of Darkness 2, and a third crossover movie. Again, don't get your hopes up, but damn would that be sweet.???

We are the pioneers in providing   ccna   dumps   holycross    tutorials with  exam pass guarantee. Download our latest

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 02:16:59 PM
I wouldn't bank on another ED or AOD movie any time soon. I expect the TV show to be the gravity well for that property for a while.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Animachina

• Extern
    • A blog dedicated to Writing, Game Design, and Science Fiction
Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 08:09:21 PM
I'm unreasonably excited for the TV series especially after seeing the latest trailer:https://youtu.be/mWYIpULVJDc

I very much enjoyed the reboot movie but it clearly established two forms of the Evil Dead universe. One is funny, the other is definitely not, and that's awesome :)

Annie-Ma-Key-Na

http://animachina.blogspot.com/

"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number 6, The Prisoner

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 09:59:50 PM
Ash vs the Evil Dead is going to be brilliant. The glory of Bruce and Lucy on screen together again writes itself. Even if it's only as good as My Name is Bruce, I'm in.

If you haven't listened to the Faculty of Horror's episode on Evil Dead, you totally should. http://www.facultyofhorror.com/2014/03/episode-14-join-us-the-evil-dead-evil-dead-2-dead-by-dawn/

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

TrishEM

• Matross
Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 10:02:46 PM
Alas, I don't have Starz, or I'd definitely give the TV show a try.

Gnashchick

• Extern
Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 03:37:14 PM
Another Evil Dead fan. Haven't seen it yet, alas.

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 05:10:51 PM
Damn.  Will give it a try...

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.